How do you get an alt out of a 89 accord?

Silver Member
Username: Terry6405

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 196
i already ordered an alternator am want to try to do it myself, and with a friend and his dad that have auto experience, but its pretty deep and i dont really know what the best way to get the old one out and the new one back in.

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 786
get haynes manual 20$

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 933
thoes are always nice to have, pretty good at explaining how to do just about anything. parts stores like Autozone have them.

but i got a 92 accord, idk how different they are under the hood though. but on mine, its under the power steering pump. so i got to take out the cruise control thing, 2 screws mount it to the finderwell, then flop ot up and out of the way. then the power steering pump has a large pivot bolt on the top, a nut on the bottom and 2 adjustment screws on the front. the adjustment screws, one just holds a plate to the block, the other goes through the plate and into the bottom bolt, take it out, then you can take the bottom bolt out. then you can flop it over and out of the way. the alternator has the same set up.

but again, thats for my 92, idk how different yours is.

Silver Member
Username: Terry6405

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 284
i got it out and the new one back in, i just had to take out the air filter and the hole was plenty big

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1140
cool, is the new one in there yet? how is it working?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us