Assistance on Legal Defense. White Neon

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 563
I have white neon underneath my 1999 firebird. I've heard from several friends that it appears blue, and a Highway State Patrolman recently gave me a ticket, for "NRS 484.493". I live in Nevada..

I looked this up, and the statute is.. "Police officer to remove lights and sirens unlawfully installed or operated. A police officer shall remove and destroy or cause to be removed and destroyed, all red, blue, or amber lights and all sirens unlawfully installed or operated."
(Added to NRS by 1963, 1266; A 1985, 1041)

I'm preparing my legal defense, and was hoping someone here knew exactly why a White Neon underbody light could/would appear blue from a distance, but not up close?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I have a mandatory court date on Feb 15th.

Seth

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 852
hmmm, white light hitting a grey-black road maybe? or maybe its actually blue. try to get your hands on a spectrometer, that could give you some solid evidence.

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 445
Seth, that sucks, I got a court date around Feb also.
I cant see how it would appear blue.
Freaking cops..
He seen it was white, when he got up on the freaking car!!!!
Is he color blind?

Silver Member

Post Number: 564
B, I'm not sure really, but a lot of people have told me it looks VERY blue, not just a light blue tint..

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 833
what about all these head lights that look really blue that are out there??
if up close it doesn't even look close, i'd bring the light into the court room and turn it on and be like "so, what ya think?" lol.

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 452
Brandon those headlight pass test from the STATE, in order to make it to the shelves of the stores.
But I have seen some ultra bright lights lately...

Seth, all u have to do is remove it b4 the court date, and tell them its off of the vehicle, with pics to prove it.

After that I would put em right back on, and maybe change the bulbs.. OR just take the bulbs out.
What can they really do???????????????

But its all a money making game; getting pulled, going to court, then paying court fees & fines...

Silver Member

Post Number: 570
Hmm... But what I'm trying to do is, be able to have them on my car, as they're white, not blue, red, or amber, etc.. Not tell the court I took them off, and keep getting harassed by the same people for it.

I figure if I can win this court case, it'll stop a lot of the highway patrol from harassing me.. They're the ones that always bug about the underbody lights.. not the reno PD, sparks PD, washoe county sherrifs, etc.. Heh.. I even have gone through a couple sobriety checkpoints, and reno PD just kind of sticks their foot under my car to make sure the light is really white, not blue..

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 511
lol
U need to have it tested somewhere! Somewhere that deal with lighting or something. Then arrivie to court, with the results of the test. The judge sees that, he cant tell them to do sh!t, but dismiss the case!

Tell them how many lummens and everything is on the bulb. Just be prepared!!

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5183
Seth, you can remove your current light system and install a 100% "white" light for the court date.
The thing is, it is illegal in most areas to have lights underneath the car. The only exception is at a private car show.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 978
I had the same problem with some windshield washer lights.

The "white" color LED appears to have similar properties of a halogen bulb (the really bright ones) that appear blue, but are just an extremely crisp and bright white light. They're so clear that it's deceiving to the eyes.

If nothing else, get the original packaging of your underkit, and show them the colors as compared to how they light up on your car to what the package shows.

Silver Member

Post Number: 574
Isaac, my lights are "Arctic White".

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5188
If you have a temp white spray, I'd use it on the court date. That way it'll be white, instead of blueish.

Silver Member

Post Number: 576
What do you mean a temp white spray? The tubes themselves are clear even, heh. You think it looks bluish even in the pic? I think it looks grayish/white.. (the blue dot above it is seperate neon from my interior that's no longer there..)

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 520
it looks grayish, white, like marble or something.

Silver Member

Post Number: 583
The reason it looks like marble is because my driveway is dirty, lol...it's actually lighting up a little black spill spot on the driveway.

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 532
lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 585
Isaac, what did you mean by "temp whit spray"..?

Silver Member

Post Number: 610
bump?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4602
Could he have beem seein the blue from ur sub box maybe

Silver Member

Post Number: 611
Chauncy - it's actually the same cop that made me turn off my blue neon on the subs.. They havnt been connected for quite awhile now.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us