Orion 2500d

Bronze Member
Username: Audio_paul

Watkins, MN United States

Post Number: 27
well i was just wondering if anybody knows or heard of the amp is good how does it compare with the Kicker 2500.1

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 915
it is a good amp, just really needs ho alt and extra bat or xstatic batcap, or kinetik battery.

Silver Member
Username: Redbone15367

Mo U.S.A.

Post Number: 109
I don't know about the kicker, but i just out an orion to my re mt. It's unreal.. I would say it's hitting in the mid to upper 140's. That would be my pick.

Bronze Member
Username: Pelona

Post Number: 60
i was also wonering how the 2500d compares to the kx2500 but i would take the orion because you can get it on ebay for like 400 someting

Silver Member

Mo U.S.A.

Post Number: 111
I got mine for 301 shiped. It was very well worth it. There is a auction for one right now, starting out at 350.

Bronze Member
Username: Pelona

Post Number: 63
theres also a new factory refurbished 2500d on ebay right now for only 360 bucks.
but i dont know anything about refurbished items.

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 578
get the orion...it has a better build quality..and you can get it cheaper....and it is stable at 1 ohm...so if you got two 4 ohm DVCs youll be good....you got 2 2 ohm DVC's then get the kicker

id take the orion though...almost bought one untill i changed my mind to the RE amp

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4013
"get the orion...it has a better build quality"

There about the same.lol Personally i would get the kicker if they where the same price. I would rather my amp run at 2 ohms than 1 ohm

Silver Member

Post Number: 584
i got nothing agaisnt kicker..ive just heard from soo many places that orion is built better...

but the orions are from 2003 i believe and kicker just made new ones i JUST remebered..

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4015
i believe u.lol, its just like i stated ^^up there, ur amp will have to work harder at 2 ohms than at 1 ohm.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1753
yea i agree with chauncey. only reason i was recommending the orion to you was cause i thought you were getting the type xs. they only make the type xs in 4ohm dvc. you couldn't use the kicker kx2500.1 with those subs. now if you have a chance to get other subs that are dvc 2ohm then i would get the kicker instead. your amp would run cooler at 2ohms then 4ohms.

that is part of the reason i decided to go with 2 jl audio amps for my subs instead of 1 1ohm amp. also incase i decide to upgrade my subs in the future i am covered no matter what ohms they come in.

Silver Member

Post Number: 590
yo chad...how did you like having only one amp...was it just not enough power??

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4017
" your amp would run cooler at 2ohms then 4ohms"

^^switch that.lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 591
wait chauncey...if you amp has to work harder at 2 ohms...why would you rather have that??

Silver Member

Post Number: 592
yaaa ,,,,sorry i posted that before i saw your post

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1754
oops i meant to say 1ohm instead of 4ohms. it was a typo. you know cause kicker 2ohms orion 1ohm.

when i had 1 kx1200.1 with 2 type Rs it sounded nice. when i had 1 jl1000/1 with 1 type X, the 2 type Rs sounded louder and fuller. now with 2 type xs with 2 jl amps, i love it alot. it sounds fuller, louder, cleaner, etc.....

Silver Member
Username: Invictuz

Seattle, Wa Usa

Post Number: 190
i have the 2500d pushing 6 MTX 81044 4ohm DVC 10s...

Even after upgrading the alternator (from stock 90a to 205a) and battery i get dim lights and volt dips at stop lights (before upgrading the alternator i would get dim lights and volt dip while doing 70mph on freeway...at stop like i could stall my jeep by turning it up...)

additionally i have 2 RF 300 series amps...

i am thinking about getting another alternator (having 2 installed)

Great amp though...puts out the power and allows many wiring combinations.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4024
thats 3100 + rms, a 250-300 should be big enough

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4026
^

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1755
"i believe u.lol, its just like i stated ^^up there, ur amp will have to work harder at 2 ohms than at 1 ohm"

why would you want a 2ohm stable amp if it has to work harder?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4028
" ur amp will have to work harder at 2 ohms than at 1 ohm" "

^^switch that 2.lol

the lower the number the harder the amp works

Silver Member

Post Number: 598
isnt it the other way around...bc an amp pumping 1000 watts at 4 ohms is working harder than an amp pumping 1000 watts at 1 ohm...right???

Silver Member

Post Number: 599
u can think of it in two ways...1..the amp works harder at lower ohms bc its puttin out more power...but thats only bc the resistance is lower

and 2 the amp works harder at higher ohms bc there is more resistance..

i dno im all confused now haha

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4031
^switch that, its not gonna be such a big diffrence that it would negate the need for a ho alternator

Bronze Member
Username: Demon_pride

Crowder, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 39
I have a KX2500.1 and I love it. :-) Running two SX 12s to it. Got it for 600 shipped on ebay, brand new with warranty.

Silver Member

Mo U.S.A.

Post Number: 115
I hooked up my2500d to my re mt 15 and it hits hard. I have 2 alts and bats but will have to run2 bats for the one amp. The amps put out more at lower ohm's so also considder that.

Bronze Member
Username: Audio_paul

Watkins, MN United States

Post Number: 28
well a have 3 JBl 1200 watt GTO subs and they are 2 ohms apiece so i am gonna run at 1.3333 ohms and thats to low for the kicker!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us