Quick multi amp wiring question

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 542
im going to have 2 RE 12.1's.....should i run one wire from the battery to the amp and then strap it to the other?? or do i still need 2 power wires from the battery..even if the amps are strapped

or

sould i just power each sub with an amp separatly and run two wires from the battery.....and if i do that..how do i do the rca's??

just one to each amp?? thatseems wrong

should i just strap them??

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 904
use a disto block, the only way you can strap those amps if if the fianl ohm load is 2ohms. so if you have 2 dual 4 subs you will nbot be able to do it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 545
the subs im getting can either come in dual 4 or dual 2...so mysubs will depend on my amp config

Silver Member

Post Number: 546
if i strap them...i only need one wire from the batter right???

Silver Member

Post Number: 547
if i strap them...i only need one wire from the battery right???

Silver Member

Post Number: 916
then you want to get dual 2 ohm subs and dont stap them, it is the same running them at 1ohm and 1 per subs as strapping them.

Silver Member

Post Number: 548
all im wonering is the different power wire configurations for the different amp configurations...dont worry about the subs

if i strap them....i need one power wire...from the battry to the amp...and then from the amp to the other amp

or if i strap them do i need two power wires ..one to each amp and then connect them with the rca's

i think i wanna strap them so that one can be a slave and one can be a master

Silver Member

Post Number: 921
you have to consider the subs.... it can not be ran strapped below a 2 ohm load... and runnign a distibution block and 2 short power wirs is what i would do. this way you can run those amps down to a 1ohm load. strapping and bridging is not always the best way to run things.

Silver Member

Post Number: 552
alright....look at the thread i posed "wiring 2 subs to 2 strapped amps..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us