Hifonics Amp to Two 12" Alpine type r's

jhm1198
Unregistered guest
I purchased two dual 2 ohm alpine type r's and i wired them according to the diagram alpine sent, I believe they are wired in series. The Hifonics 1605D is giving them power but the speaker wire input is confusing me though, it has +,+ on the left and -,- on the right so which terminals do i hook the wire to? i only have one negative and positive wire and im not sure I have them right. the amp rates 1100x1 @ 2 ohms so the type r's should be recieving 550 watts to each correct?Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 411
www.the12volt.com
check it out

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4168
dude - just connect all + wires from both subs together into ur amp , same with the - wires .

this'll give u what u need if the 1242 model of subs u bought ...........

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 675
is that the bx 1605d, it shows being 1ohm stable, and if so, those dual 2s are the wrong subs for that amp.

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 115
In this application I think dual 2's are better than dual 4's. I'd feel alot better with 450-550 on type r's than 700-800. Running the amp at 2 ohms will be less stress, plus you know you always have the option of upgrading to dvc 4's that can handle 300-400w more power.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4176
oh crap ! - i made a bad rec above , totally missed the part of subs being 2ohms dvc guess i was getting sleepy -lol

well use this wiring guide 2 figure out ur best option
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

jhm1198
Unregistered guest
I thought dual 2 ohms is what i needed...lol maybe not. but i wired them according to the diagram alpine sent, and when i wired it to the amp it just doesnt seem that loud...like as to really blow my old kenwoods away. What are my alpines recieving then? If the amp is recieving a 2 ohm load i take it, it rates 1100x1 @ 2ohms so that'd be split in half to 550 to each or am i wrong?

jhm1198
Unregistered guest
I thought dual 2 ohms is what i needed...lol maybe not. but i wired them according to the diagram alpine sent, and when i wired it to the amp it just doesnt seem that loud...like as to really blow my old kenwoods away. What are my alpines recieving then? If the amp is recieving a 2 ohm load i take it, it rates 1100x1 @ 2ohms so that'd be split in half to 550 to each or am i wrong?

Silver Member

Post Number: 697
double check, that amp puts out max at 1ohm not 2ohm it is the bx 1605d right...

Silver Member

Post Number: 698
make sure it is wired to t 2ohm load not anything else....go to 12volt.com and woofer wiring

jhm1198
Unregistered guest
Yes, it is the 1605d

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3546.html

jhm1198
Unregistered guest
So you think I should take the subs out and check the wiring out real quick?...hopefully thats my problem because they are not that loud as i thought they would be.

Silver Member

Post Number: 699
use an ohm meter to find out if possible

make sure that on one sub, you have the +on one voice coil going to - on other voice coil, do that for both subs, then + of sub1 to +of sub 2, same for - then out to amp,

jhm1198
Unregistered guest
heres what I did from the apline diagram
the jumpers are placed in the middle of each sub which are +,- and then i ran + to + and - to - which is then running to the amp and is wired according to the parallel way the amp instructs. did i do this right?, so i should be running at 2 ohms correct? maybe i need to work with it and tune it better. Thanks for your help.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4183
most importantly note that amp is overrated & even if u wire into 2ohms u will not be getting 1100wrms like they said , prolly about 75% estimated = 825

825 / 2 = 412.5 or roughly that amt but it should still make ur subs bump - so do check over wiring ...
u should have them wired like this
Upload
also don't overlook how good or lack of good ur box is made ..........

jhm1198
Unregistered guest
Thanks...I figured it all out..it sounds much better after i messed with the controls and gave it a tune.

How long should I break them in for? This just means i need to keep the subs on a low level and not crank it up high right?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us