Kenwood KDC-MP928 and an Alpine CDA-9855

Username: Thepunisher

Post Number: 1
for several weeks ive been trying to pick out which of these headunits to choose from. i have played around with the alpine a little bit but the glide strip anoys me. i am wondering if it would be worth the extra money to get the kenwood and if anyone has or has seen this unit could tell me about it it would be appreciated. i am wondering how good the display looks on it since there are limited pictures on the internet. thanks

Silver Member
Username: Vinnyqh

Portland, OR

Post Number: 115
I would look into the kenwood XXV-01 if you are looking at any of the kenwood decks. that has a lot of features, if you talk to a guy named MO on here, he has this deck, and he loves it. I'm not a bit fan of alpine pieces at ALL, i absolutly HATE that glide touch.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 809
Alpines as a note, have low voltage preouts.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2712
Nick, the Kenwood Excelon HU are much better this year then the alpines. I own a Kenwood XXV-01 and its the best built HU ive come across this year. By the way this is Kenwoods 25th Anniversary so they have stepped it up a few notches on the Anniversary Edition HU's. Very nice with 5V preouts and many more features....

Post Number: 2
so would u suggest getting a XXV-01 anniversary edition over KDC-MP928???

btw thanks everyone for the help

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2718
As long as the KDC-MP928 is the Excelon Versian then yes go with that. If you can afford the XXV-01 then you should look at that.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 821
Yes, the Excelons are nice. I own a mid-priced one, a KDC-X589. Not the most expensive, but not the least. It's very nice for the price I paid though.

Silver Member
Username: Vinnyqh

Portland, OR

Post Number: 118
The XXV-01 is a MUCH better sounding unit then the mp928. And it has a much better display also.

Post Number: 3
the display is better?? from pictures ive looked at the display on the mp928 looks a lot better? but i then again ive never seen it in person

Username: Jmstaple

Evansville, IN US

Post Number: 1
I just purchased the XXV-01 ($359 @ www.IndoAudio.com) today, but here is what I found out asking the EXACT same question you did.

The KDC-MP928 has been discontinued. If I am wrong, I am sorry and have been lied to by several different folks, which is possible.

The MP928 looked pretty much the same as the XXV-01D, but for ~$50 less. I was told that there were a couple of features on the -01D that the 928 didn't have, but no one knew WHAT, besides a two year versus one.

As a side not, I personally didn't like the slide touch on the Alpine, but some may.

Post Number: 5
yeah i ended up getting the 928 just because it was cheaper and that i do not need anything more then that. i figured their displays were the same considering they are both listed as "4096 Color OEL Display" anyways i dont know if they are discontinued, though they probably are, but sounddomain still sells them and on the other hand crutchfeild does not
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us