Alpine CDA-9835 Help with i-Personalize

Username: Glen8

LincolnUK

Post Number: 1
Hey Guys,

First post on the forums so be gentle ;-)

I got my car audio system installed yesterday (well phase 1 anyway) and I'm not at all happy with it. I think it's because my headunit isn't setup correctly.

I have been on the alpine i-Personalize website but it's all double dutch to me :-(

Would someone please have a look at my system and recommend me some settings.

Thanks v. much :-)

Alpine CDA-9853R
Alpine SPR-17LS (front Comps)
Alpine SPR-17LP (rear Coax)

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1288
Hold Menu until you get into the Crossover mode (XOver). Here you have three frequencies. Low is subs. Medium is rear speakers. High is the front. The first variable is controlled by the volume knob, this controls how loud overall that "band" is. The arrows control the center frequency of that "band". And either the source or the band button moves between "bands" and the other controls the slope (1-3 I believe). Here's how I set mine:
Low: 0 3 80
Mid: 0 3 200
High: 0 3 200

But that's with a good set of subs though, you may want more bass from your speakers. To allow more bass, lower the # all the way to the right (center frequency).

You have to experiment with it a bit. Then you have the EQ settings. Those are a bit funner... I really can't explain them. It's pretty much the same thing, just experiment. Lemme know how you make out...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1289
Also: go get into the Crossover settings, hold Menu again and use the arrows to find it in the menu. There's also Time Correction and a few other goodies...

(Hope this makes sense, I'm no where near sober, I probably won't even remember writting this tommorrow...)

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2739
Hey Jake, im looking to find a 9835 HU. I havent had much luck lately on ebay since its rare to find and somtimes the sellers dont have good feedback with it. Anywhere else that i can get this HU from ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1302
Uhhh... I can keep my eyes open, but honestly, I'm looking for one too. I hate that little glide thinger on the new ones... I'm really kicking myself for getting the 9833, I love it, but the display on the 9835 is SOOOO much cooler... I'd put Eclipse in my cars, but they're just too expensive and complicated for ALL my vehicles...

I'll keep my eyes pealed. I know I found my first set of Ti's from searching on google (got 'em brand new, still under warranty for $550 shipped)... Try something like this:
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=Alpine+9835
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us