Rockford

Username: Scottrschmitz

Post Number: 3
are rockford amps good or no

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 270
I used them and I liked them very much......People say that the older year's (90's) was the best RF gear out, but they took a turn for the worst after that. I have be also reading that RF have tried to correct this problem and there new amps are suppose to be much better than the early 2000's models. I never had no trouble with mine in my gf's car, and it was fairly underated too.

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 345
there older amps like james said are considered to be among the best. many people have said that the newer stuff isn't that great i can't imagine why not i have a fairly newer model amp the BD1001 and i love it it has plenty of power and is just a great amp. puts out well over 1000 watts and is very small :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Hootz

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 51
I had a punch 100a2 amp which was one of their later 90's models. It was only rated at 100wrms, but must have been quite under-rated because powering 2 10" punch xlc's in a bandpass, it hit 141.2 db. I don't know much about their newer stuff other than I've heard they're OK for sq, but really good for power.

Username: J_syk

Tustin, CA USA

Post Number: 3
i've heard that the new ones are really good, i'm getting a p5002 soon, it's rated at 500wrms bridged. if you go on the rf site they have the actual power rating and it's actually 625wrms. so they normally have about 20-25% more power than rated
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/amp_watts.asp#punch

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 845
Brett there is no way that you hit 141 with 100wrms.... it just isn't possible. Well, it's not possible if you got it measured "the right way" Which would be the new term lab at the dash, you more than likely used a cheap spl meter in the port.

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 432
LOL. Dude came up to me at work a few weeks ago telling me he metered 168 with his LVS 15 at a local audio shop. I just nodded and went on about my business. After a few minutes went by I couldn't resist, so I asked him where they put the mic. He acted like he didn't understand what I meant. I asked him if they placed the mic in the port and he said, "Yeah, where else would they put it?" LOL. I explained where it should be and he asked me how you could get a good reading at the dash.....

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2475
lol99

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 309
haha......that's funny

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3358
"Yeah, where else would they put it?" - good 1 ...lol....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us