Viper Remote Start...major problems...help

Username: Uniquesoul

Post Number: 1
My problem is really hard to explain... so take it easy with me... i have a viper remote start fcc id: EZSDEI474V. on a 99 pontiac grand am.
my alarm will not:
unlock my doors (but it will lock with remote)
led light does not flash when car is off (solid blue light)
lights do not flash when car has been started with remote
does not chirp when i lock with remote.

but it will:
start car from remote
lock doors

What do I do? I have tried using my 2nd remote, same problem.. any ideas??

Thanks

Drasko
Unregistered guest
Yeah your computer might be defective maybie a little water got into it. Just take it to a profesinoal installer let him check out your computer and your remote. I had teh same problem and mine ended up being that the remote was bad.

Bronze Member
Username: Catalin

Surrey, BC Canada

Post Number: 38
it's in valet mode. If you read that part of the manual it will tell you that if the LED is on all the time it's in Valet mode. You can get it in/out two ways. Either with a hidden push switch under the dash or through the remote.

Try this;

Open drivers door. Push lock/arm, unlock/disarm, and lock/arm.

LED should go out.. If it doesn't have a read.

Doesn't explain why it doesn't unlock, so you may still have to see someone.

Post Number: 2
I just got back from the audio install place.. and the tech could not figure out what was wrong with the doors not unlocking either. He checked all my wires and connectors, and when he pulled the relays out for the door lock/unlock, one was corroded (cant spell) and the other was fine. so he put them back and now.....my doors will unlock... BUT...only from the door switch, not the remote.

He could not figure out why the car is not recieving the signal from the remote for unlock, but it will for everything else.

He thinks it could be a wire lose behind my fuse box. so now.. my car will do everything but UNLOCK FROM THE REMOTE. any ideas at this point?

Bronze Member

Surrey, BC Canada

Post Number: 40
Not a great solution, but get rid of it and don't ever buy a DEI product again.. Noticed how many DEI product issues are posted here?

Get a Compustar and you'll be fine.

Post Number: 3
I have noticed.... yet I have had my alarm installed almost 2 yrs now and its just started giving me problems. the heck with... the kids stole over 3k in car audio nothing is left but the car.... i will leave it unlocked so they can take it!

Frustrated remote
Unregistered guest
My viper remote start will only start the car if the car is warm. It also locks out the key start at times. The unit is 3 days old took car back and the tech said it might be that the unit is to cold. I thought that was the idea be hind remote starts.

winterwonder
Unregistered guest
When I press the button on the remote starter, the car starts but the starter keeps engaging for a period of 5 to 10 seconds. Then it disengage and while car is running, the starter engages again. I replaced the batter in the remote control, but the problem is still there. Anyone know what's going on? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Bronze Member

Surrey, BC Canada

Post Number: 49
winterwonder it sound like the remote starter has not had a tach signal programmed.

what kind of system is it? Brand/model?

winterwonder
Unregistered guest
I'm not sure it's the tach signal because the car is starting, but the starter keeps on engaging. It's a viper system. Had it for many years. Never gave me a problem until now. Not sure of the model. Thanks.

Bronze Member

Surrey, BC Canada

Post Number: 50
Sure the car starts but because the tach signal isn't programmed OR connection has come apart under the hood the remote starter doesn't see the engine running and it keeps trying to start it.

What kind of vehicke is it? Make/model/year?

winterwonder
Unregistered guest
It's a Buick Lasabre 1996, 3800. I checked the tach signal and the wire is connected. The problem started when the transmission was changed. I'll have to find out the model of the viper system. Thanks.

Bronze Member

Surrey, BC Canada

Post Number: 51
The remote starter should come with a small push button switch. It might be mounted somewhere under the dash or may be tied up somewhere by the remote start control unit.
From what I remember you have to start the vehicle and push and hold that switch. When that is done a red LED will flash on the control unit to indicate that the tach signal was learned.

You should confirm that but I'm pretty sure that's what your problem is.

winterwonder
Unregistered guest
So I took the car back to the person who changed my transmission. The starter is working now. He told me that the tach signal was dirty. Don't know if that's right but it's working now. Thanks for all your help. Much appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us