Pioneer gm-5100T fried or no?

nick_sq
Unregistered guest
ok, long story short my screwdriver momentarily grounded out on one of the screws holding the side panel of the amp on, made a nice quick spark and then there was a little spark show that went on inside the amp (i could see the flickering light coming through the open holes in the amp around the gain, bass and RCA's) I pulled the back off the amp, nothing burnt looking or smelling...i hook it up and it works and sounds fine. Its still got a year warranty on it. What did i see and should i worry, its been working fine for days?

thanks in advance

Silver Member
Username: Bdb_86

Bemidji, MN Usa

Post Number: 247
i havnt a clue what you could of seen but odd things can happen i would get a new one but if you dont want to go through the hasle and are happy with what you got then i would just stick with it

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1188
i would get a new one

nick_sq
Unregistered guest
yeah, it is a hassle to return it, but i am wondering what happens when you accidentaly ground the amp out like that. I have done it by accident to alot of amps and it never hurt them. Can this fry the amp? Is the frame of the amp directly connected to the ground lead somehow or is there something that can burn up in between?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us