A LOT OF STUPID QUESTIONS #PLEESE ANSWER#

Username: Camo7030

Camo7030, Michigan Usa

Post Number: 5
1- can you split channels from an amp to power 2 speakers from 1 channel
2- why is a 4 channel amp better than two two channel amps\
3- on a 4 channel amp can you adjust the wattage the amp puts out to make a 4 channel work on 2 subs and 2 6x9s with out blowing them and having both work at the proper wattage and if so how
4-are sony amps any good
5-is dual a good brand name and how do they preform
6-how much money will i have to spend on things other than the subs deck speackers and amp and to hook them all up what will i have to buy

thats all for now

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 114
1. as from as powering 2 speakers from 1 channel, yes its done all the time with lets say 2 subs on a monoamp. You just wire the subs together, like in parallel or series to get one load, which you wire to the amp.
4. no, sony amps aren't that good
5. dual isn't any good either
not too sure on your other questions, and kinda lazy right now

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4949
2- 4 channel amps aren't better than 2 channel amps. It really depends on your application. For example, if you wanted to power your fronts as well as the rears, then 4 channel will be required. If however, you don't care about the rears, then 2 channel will make more sense.
3- You don't adjust output power. It is set. You can however use volume control to regulate the output.
To power subs, you can bridge the 2 channels into one, then use the other 2 channels for your 6x9s. Make sure you don't exceed the minimum ohm requirements.
6- You will need amp power wiring kit, distribution block for pos and ground, HO alternator depending on the amp you get, capacitor for power filtering, and lots of time.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1927
I'm not dissing u cam rins but alot of what u asked & LOTS more can be found here

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/S-ymhkeYjMfQy/learningcenter/car/

www.the12volt.com

www.bcae1.com

Its alot of reading but worth it ....
Upload

Username: Camo7030

Camo7030, Michigan Usa

Post Number: 7
thats true but either it wasnt worth reading that 50 page article for my few questions, its to complicated for my primal brain, or it was "temperarily unavaliable"

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1959
u better get reading cause nobody here may actually want to give u the answer if u are not willing to read it & help your self ......

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3990
Do you still have any unresolved questions cam rins?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us