Kicker kx 600.1 help

Username: Rmorris003

Post Number: 1
I just bought a kicker kx 600.1 to power my 2 12 mtx mzs and I just swapped out my current rockford p3001. I took out both fuses in my distribution block and then wired the amp up but I forgot to put the ground in first and got a spark from putting power in first. Then I took out and put the ground in first then I wired it up properly and then placed my fuses back in the block and my audiobahn 1 farad digital cap discharged while the fuses were out when I was hooking up the new amp and now I have not re charged it yet but went to test and my subs do not even work but the amp is on, could the drained cap be the problem? Also when I charge it tomorrow when there is light will my subs work again?

Bronze Member
Username: Six

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 37
Hard to say. Many things could've happened. I suggest waiting for a pro's response. IMO even without the cap, everything should work fine... try disconnecting it PROPERLY and hooking everything back up without it PROPERLY. ('member disconnect ground, connect pos., re-connect ground)

Post Number: 2
im also wondering when i turn my car on the red light comes on then goes green but like i said the subs wont work.

Post Number: 3
anybody know if my amp is toast, i really need to figure out why its on but there is no bass. tested with my rear rcas instead of the sub out and still no work, my hu is a pioneer avh-6400cd.

Post Number: 4
Well fixed the problem, I just re twisted the wires that are going into the box and its all working now.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us