Isaac / JL 250/1 for 2 RE 12's

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2193
Ok so i have a JL 250/1 in the box ready to be used. Im going with a SQ setup that can get loud and clean with a strong punch and ive heard 1 RE 12 ported but now i wanna try 2 RE 12's sealed. THey are rated at 175 rms a piece and RE told me they can handle 225 rms. Since i already have the JL 250/1 , should i go ahead and work with it.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4736
Definitely. You have almost a perfect match with that amp. Subs in a sealed box will handle slightly more power than in ported box.
Besides you will know if too much power is being sent to the sub.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1320
Isaac - may i ask something ....

if 2 RE = 175wrs x 2 = 350 & its been said that these subs can handle up to 225 = 450wrms . Even if we go by the normal rec 175w - doesn't it mean that amp falls short by 100wrms ? . I do know that u don't have to match everything by the numbers .

Wouldn't it be better to spend a $100 more to get the JL 500/1 amp instead ? + the amp will have headroom . Or is it that since he already has that u said he can use it ?

Correct me if i'm not seeing the whole picture - but asking is the only way to find out ......
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4744
You are correct Rovin, but I think MO already has the 250/l amp. I amp quite sure he doesn't want to spend another $400 for 500/1 amp.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1325
Cool - just needed to hear the logical reason .... Upload

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2197
Actually you probably wont be using 250 watts anyways because im not gonna blast this thing so it hurts my ears. Im just using this setup for a everyday driver and once in a while get it loud. Alot of times you never use what is actually RMS
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us