WhyJL audio subs??

Anonymous

Why do people like JL Audio so much their specs arn't even that good?

Anonymous

WHY???

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 306
If you've heard one, you'd know. It's hard to describe. They sound clean, loud, and are durable as all hell. JL has great customer service, too. In a proper enclosure, the W7 line is a fantastic SQL sub.

They're pricey - but depending your budget, might be worth it.

Anonymous

Ive heard two 15" JL Audio in a sealed, and i also heard 2 12" rockford fosgates(dont know what kind) but the fosgates made the neighbors car alarm go off a few times. To me it seemed the rockford fosgates were louder and sounded better. They were being pushed by the same amp.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1225
installation is key. regardless though, the w7 can be (and is) matched by a number of subs that cost less.
the w6, however, achieves phenominal sq and adequate output with only 4-600 watts.
i would (and will) purchase the 6 before the 7.
as for the specs, check again. the w7 is incredibly linear (suprised me at first too).

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4921
Which "specs" are you looking at? Are you comparing to bogus power handling ratings of other companies, relying on x-max, what?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1229
likely

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4028
exactly Jl is a expensive company that many people that can't afford them look down upon them. I have run many different JL systems and they have all been fantastic. Is there as good or better for the money? sure ! but they dont become one of the best most bought companies in the world for having garbage products. JL has been around for a long time, and had great reputable lines for a long time and their advertising has made them absolutely HUGE in the car audio bussines. If you talk SH!T about them chances are you can't afford them.

Bronze Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Post Number: 17
I hope jl dosent get bought out (which probably wont happen)Like rf they also been around for a long time but they've gone down hill so people lost respect for RF. And jl keeps on being high quality. But for the price of two jl w3 i would rather get an re sx. just my 2 cents.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1233
the thing is, they can afford to charge those prices because they have a very sturdy fan base for the quaity they provide. plus they have a great name in the industry.
i would have agreed though that once these consumers caught wind of the adires, re's, ss, etc, jl would likely have changed their marketing strategy and perhaps lowered prices to some degree. but we'll never know because now all the same companies have subs in the same price range as the w7.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us