Amp Fuse/power problem

Username: Hgierman

Lebanon, Nj Usa

Post Number: 1
So I have 4g from battery, to D block,8g to double fuse holder, 30/40amp, 8g to sony and bazooka amp. The sony is the one acting up. So the fuse on the amp keeps poping, it's a 1024H. So i bench tested the amp with a dc 13.8 transformer(works fine) Put it back in the car, pops. Disconnected the remote, and used a jumper from the battery, it pops. Disconnect the strait batt. power and used the remote with a jumper and it stays on. So to the question. Has anyone ever seen this, where the power from the battery causes the fuse on an amp to break. (dont suggest wires or ground, i've checked them all) Or is my amp just screwed, just seems weird that it works on the bench. And since it the same setup to the bazooka, that it doesnt have this problem. any ideas?

Username: Hgierman

Lebanon, Nj Usa

Post Number: 2
i realized i typed it wrong XM1002HX - old one purple....

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 314
seems to me that if the amp works on the bench than you have removed that problem from the equation.

It probably is something with your installation in your car. 13.8V on the bench and from your battery are the same to the amp. Sounds like a ground problem, imo.

Anonymous

when i hook up my amp power cable to my battery it works but when i put the in-line fuse in it stops working its as if the fuse is blocking the power i know it aint blown cos its brand new any ideas ??

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1138
Check and see if the fuse is blown...

jim jammin'
Unregistered guest
anon-"it aint blown cos its brand new"
Jake Hill-"Check and see if the fuse is blown."

Good Call Jake Hill:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums