Archive through August 23, 2004

Anonymous
I need to know what cables i need to get power to my playstation 2 in my car.

B. Allen
You need to buy an invertor (Radio Shack, Target, etc...). This plugs into the lighter and allows you to plug the playstation into the invertor. I have a Console TV in my truck and use the invertor so the kids can play video games on long trips.

Anonymous
thats what i do but you can also buy a small one like 150 watt and put in a walloutlet thing into your car they make a special one i forgot the webpage where it has the wall outlet thing and the right and left and the video outputs on it it sells for about 4.50 its great

Anonymous
I hooked up my playstation 2 in my car along with a TV. my question is where do i hook up my audio cables? i would like to find a way to hook them into my cd player. is that possible? how?

Anonymous
F*U*C*K* it wont work even if u tried

jojo
use what is called a fm modulator

in order to hook it up to your car audio system the head unit has to have rca connections in the back. I would just like to know how to have 4 screens with the same playstation. (so if you play multiplayer, everyone has their own screen)

Anonymous
Is there any way to hook up my playstation to the battery? something with a fuse perhaps?

Anonymous
I looked on evry web site for the invertor and could not find one

Anonymous
how many watts does the inverter have to be?

brett le
i am hooking up my tv in my car to the playstation and i i have is lines in my tv does anyone knows what the problem

Anonymous
i like poopoo on my grilled cheese. yum!!!!!!

scooter
How many watts does it take to run the PS 2 plus a small tv/vcr combo? Ive got a 350 watt inverter. P.S. you can buy power inverters for cheaper at truck stops, than at radio shack

You can use a power inverter - i can't remember where I bought mine, i think walmart or somewhere. There pretty cheap. Also you can use an FM modulator like the guy above said. All you do is run it into the antenna and set the radio station to the modulator, and bomb... you got audio. If you have rca's for a tv in the back of your head unit, this works too. You can purchase a modulator off of ebay pretty cheap. As far as hooking up more than one screen - all you need is additional rca addons. You can get those at radio shack. It basically splits them into two rca's. I am in the process of building a computer that runs everything in my car for audio and video. Harddrive will store my mp3s and such. Pretty cool.

Anonymous
if my car audio system has rca conections all i have to do is plug in the playstation to it and will it work?will it get power that way?

Anonymous
no your power doesnt run through your rca jacks genius, and you have to make sure that the rca jacks on the back of your head unit are audio in not out. The modulator is the best choice, cd players with rca ins cost a pretty penny

jonny begood
Its called an Auxilary input its on most cd players that are $250 and up.

Anonymous
i need directions how to hook up my ps2 in my truck

how do i hook up mu play station 2 to my tv at home

Anonymous
lol

Okay..I'm getting a new car relativly soon.. I don't know anything about hooking them up with playstation.. but i'm interested in doing it.. I don't know what I have to do in order for it to work.. Should I just go to a car garage or specialty shop to get it done?? How do I know what to buy in order for it to get installed properly??

Anonymous
I'm trying to do the same thing, but with a notebook, or even my ps2. I have an hu with audio ins in the back, but when i put the rcas in and run the other end to say the notebook or the ps2, I never get any sound. I'm assuming you have to change the cd player to the audio in line, which I know how, but it won't do it. Does anyone have something hooked to audio ins on the hu?

Anonymous
U need a not straight guy to do it

Chisty
A i just got 8 12'subwoofers custom made i want to know what is some good amps out there to have my trunk wannig

snow white
use a sony xplod.

snow white
if you want to hook up a ps1 to your car monitor you can get an car adaptor on ebay it gives power to your monitor and playstation. it cost 17.00 wit shippin. it works on ps/ps1/and ps2.

Anonymous
i suggest turning your car into a gigantic home electrical outlet.

kotic
If you would like to hook up your Ps2 to your car, Buy a power inverter.They have them everywhere,....Radio shack,Walmart,Target,K-mart,You get the point.They range from $30. to $100's depending on what wattage you want or need.As for the PS 2,All you need is 75watts,And if your using the optional 5.6"LCD screen that you can buy for somewhere around $100. that is made for the ps2. Just buy the inverter that is 150w/300w(150 watts steady/300 watts peak)and you will have everything you need to play.Oh yeah.... the inverter plugs into either your cigarette lighter,or you can run a line to your batt. Hope this helps someone.

Anonymous
Do you need to have a VCR that records as well as plays in order to hook up Play station 2 to your TV?

Anonymous
i bought a claion in dash tv for my car and i want to hook up playstation 2 to my car. theres a video input and 4 audio outputs in the back of the unit, what wires do i have to get or would how would you hook it up? all i get is audio but no video

ineedhelp
I have a car tv , im trying to hook my PS2 to it in the car how do I do it

PLEASEHELP
i aslo have a car tv that has front a/v jacks . Is there any way i can hook my PS2 onto it ?
If so how?

how do you hook up car subwoofers to a standard mini-home sound system? do i need to use my amp? how do i power it? how do i hook it up? i got 2 kenwood 700watt max subs and a 420watt amp please email me at phatness2005@comcast.net

i'm going on a 7 hour trip and i was thinking i should take the ps2, but is it posable? i need to hook a tv up and the the ps2! is there something like a extension cord that can hook up to the outlet? please help me!

Anonymous
I'm tring to put my PS2 in my mustang and put seprate screens in to my car. I got my work cut out for me

sp
i have an alpine IVA-D900. i used a ac/dc power converter and plugged my laptop into one of the aux inputs. when the power converter is on the sound is very distorted but if i just run the laptop on its own battery the sound is good. im wondering how i can get rid of that distortion??? i havent tried it with a PS2 yet but im sure it will do the same thing.

Anonymous
how do you hook up playstaion2 on a RCA t.v (smile)

Firestorm
Is it possible to hook up my PS2, N64, Dreamcast And VCR all at once in a lil 1993 sentra? If not, are those power inverter things just like cigarette light plugins with an outlet on the end?

Joesep Kraijna
How long would you be able to use the PS2 continuisly before the battery dies.

Anonymous
You guys ask the dumbest questions I've ever seen. First of all read the forum before you ask a question because theirs bout 20 of the same question. You need 2 things, (power) either from battery or the cig. lighter. (sound, video) RCA, you know the red white and yellow thing at the end of your PS2. Nigga rig it up with what you've got!

how do you hook up car subwoofers to a standard mini-home sound system? do i need to use my amp? how do i power it? how do i hook it up? i got 2 kenwood 700watt max subs and a 420watt amp please email me at phatness2005@comcast.net or post back

for allens question, you can use the power supply from your computer like i did, or you can buy an ac to dc converter from radioshack. it would be best to use your amp. If youre still interested in doing this, email me at redfirebird15@yahoo.com

wils
im going to be hooking the playstation and in-dash monitor here pretty soon and i only have one question and thats if it will put any strain on the batt. or altin.

Tyler
wils that will not put a strain on your alt or bat together they will probably draw maybe 50amps max power. I have a sound system in my car that draws 180 amps and my alt and bat are still fine after running in it for a year and a half.

Anonymous
Hey, I want to hook up our PS2 in the car but instead of a TV, can I use my flat panel monitor?
TV would take up valuable room...

motoman22
Tyler, I've never heard of a PS2 and LCD screen that consume 50 amps of power. Maybe 10 amps on a realy bad day but more likely something around 8ish.

"can I use my flat panel monitor?"
Yes, if it has the connections you need. No if it doesn't have the connections you need.

OK here's my question...I got a 420watt class D mono amp powering my two kenwood 700watt subs...now can i power my amp with this -
http://www.voltageconverters.com/cgi-bin/shopper.cgi?preadd=action&key=DF-1732T
(DF-1732T - AC to DC regulated Power supply) and i have a reciever with a pre-amp output...So how exactly would i hook it up if it's possible? what wires do i need? my amplifier manuel says to use 6-8 gauage wires so i know to use them somewhere but how? please can somebody give me a detailed explaination on what wires need to go where for my system to work in my house... if it will work...thanks i really appreciate it...you can also email me phatness2003@hotmail.com

motoman22
Allen, the link you posted claims this:

Maximum Load: 5 Amps

I can assure you that a 420-watt Class D amp pulls more than just 5 amps...even just barely off idle. Probably something more like 80 or 90 amps rated.

The powersupply does not make enough to feed the amp. The power supply will hate you for pushing it so hard and the amp will hate you for starving it.

If you want to run that amp in the house, you'll need something more like this (and even this will barely cut it.)

http://www.audio-warehouse.com/web/mdl/PS52K/detail.asp

It's cheaper to just buy a powered home theatre subwoofer and will sound better in the house too.

peace bro

what about if i bought an indoor amplifier??? is it still possible to hook it up with let's say this for example http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=195132&is=REG could i still hook it up? how?

thanks i really appreciate it...you can also email me phatness2003@hotmail.com

SD
what do i need to hook up a screen in my car, not a cd player/screen just a 7 inch screen on my dash......what do i need to make it work and hook it up, i am going to used a xbox or ps2 too play dvd's and games.....i might get a little car dvd player for my glove box though or sumthin.....what all do i need to get the tv to work becuase it already tells how too hook up the ps2 an stuff....i jsut dont know how too hook up my tv.....shorty_loprofile@hotmail.com

I have a laptop and I have a Ps2 is there anyway I could buy like a cord so that I can play my playstation 2 on my laptop screen? Like use my laptop screen for the tv and play playstation 2 like that?

Anonymous

ok maybe im dumb but i CANNOT hook up my ps2 to my RCA tv. i mean i can hook it up and everything but how do i get it on the screen with no remote and no way to change from tv/video ive tried for hours HELP oh ya p.s this site is a crock it makes you get an accout and their are hundreds of questions with about 2 answers but i am desperate so please change my mind!

Username: Shouder

Post Number: 4
To hook up a Ps2 to an indash lcd screen in the car:
First off you need to power the ps2. But a 75-150 amp inverter. Hook it up either directly to your battery or in the cigerete lighter. Make sure if you hook it up to your batter to put an inline fuse in. 15-30 amps should be just fine.

Second find the aux video imput and aux audio imputs and plug the rca's (according to color) from the ps2 to your reciever. The aux audio imputs should be easy to find on the reciever but sometimes the aux video imput doubles as your rear camera option like on some pioneer models. in which case you just go into the menu screen and swich it from rear camera to aux video imput.

This should be everything you need. Also some reciever won't go to aux imputs if there is not something being sent to them, so you may need to turn the ps2 on first.

Also if you would like to have multiple video devices like a ps2, laptop, x-box, and dvd player. You can again go down to radioshack and pick up an rca switcher box. however the boxes that you might see might have one input and four outputs. Thats ok, it's reversible. Plug in each device to one of the four, or five, or six.... outputs, and then connect the rca's from the imput on the box to the imput on the headunit just like you would for the ps2 alone.

Username: Chachou

Post Number: 1
I bought my playstation 2 in a pawn shop but the person that had before me put a password in it so i can't play dvds. My question is isn't there a reset button or a code to make my own password?

Username: Chat

Richardson to reset the codes in your ps2 you have to put 7444 in the code field when asked, after that you can put your own.

Kris
Unregistered guest
Okay, I'm hooking up a PS2 and a LCD screen into my car. They make a gamers power inverter that is capable of 140 watts. This power inverter has a plug in for the LCD screen and 2 outlets. Will it be enough to power my LCD screen and PS2? I read the forum but couldn't find a clear answer.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
is that the consistent power, (rms), or peak.

Kris
Unregistered guest
I believe constant power, the inverter is on the Best Buy website just search gamers power inverter, they also make another model its: universal gamer's power inverter, search for it on the web.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Kris, I took a look at the inverter, and it looks like it will work just fine for what you need, at least the ps2. I don't know what you mean when you said that it has a plug in for a LCD screen, and 2 outlets however.

Kris
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the advice. It has 2 ac outlets and a 12 volt accesory plug in. Is that correct? Here are the product features.

Gamer's Power Inverter
Product Features:

12-volt accessory socket

On/off switch

Bi-color led

Two 12-volt AC outlets

Aluminum housing

25-amp replaceable fuse

12-volt accessory plug

Built-in cooling fan

Universal

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Oh yeah, now i see. I guess i skipped right over that. I didn't realize that you had a LCD screen that could plug into a 12 volt socket. Yeah, your right. This would work just fine for what you need i imangine. Good luck.

Kris
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the help Tim.

DaveU
Unregistered guest
I have a 13" TV/VCR combo screen and PS2. I want to use in my minivan on way to Florida so kids can play game. What size power inverter do I need? I need one that has 2 AC plugs in it. Thanks.

Bronze Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 41
If you have to power both the TV and the Ps2 i think i would recomend a 400 watt power inverter, with about 800 watt peak or so. That should be just fine to power what you have DaveU.

DaveU
Unregistered guest
Thanks Tim. Going to get it today.

Bronze Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 42
Glad i could help

billybobthorton
Unregistered guest
you guys no shitttt all u can do all this easyly

Unregistered guest
I have a headrest monitor which i am tryna install with my playstation 2 hooked up to it. My problem is, is that my rca connections are on the back of the monitor, so when i go to hook up my playstation rca connections on the monitor, the cables stick out. Then when i try to put my monitor into the headrest, the metal plate in the headrest gets in the way and my monitor will not fit. Can ne one help me. If u can email me at sunnyjr1@hotmail.com or just post it here. thanx

lukesmits
Unregistered guest
hey, i am trying to put my dvd player in my car and get stereo sound through the existing speakers, and 2 subwoofers, i have purchased an fm modulator, however, when i try to tune it in and get the sound through i have nothing. The instructions for the modulator arent very clear but it appears i have it all wired correctly, any ideas?

Bronze Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 45
sanjeet, man it sounds like your just going to have to get inovative. You might have to fabracate something of your own, but i don't know how to help you without seeing it myself.

And Lukesmits, im a little confused just as to what your tring to accomplish. Whats the situation, are you tring to use the dvd player (is it a home dvd player) as your cd player. I don't know what to say to help you, cause im not excatally sure whats going on. Let me in and i see what advice i can give.

sanjeet
Unregistered guest
Tim shouder, i figured out how to put the headrest, i just drilled holes into the metal plate of the headrest, but thanx

Luksmits, i wouldnt buy a fm modulator that involves wiring, just get a wireless one. They dont cost much (about $15) and you can chose the station u want to use for the audio.

Unregistered guest
HOW DO I PLUG MY PLAYSTATION 2 TO MY HP PAVILION PC? I HAVE JUST ONE YELLOW AV-OUT OUTLET ON THE BACK OF MY CPU AND NOTHING ON THE BACK OF THE MONITOR. DOES ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA HOW THIS COULD WORK?

Bronze Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 46
ok, in order to hook your ps2 up to your computer you're gonna need a new video card. with only 1 av output on the back of your cpu, there is absolutely no way to do that except to get a video card that supports video in. ATI has some nice models for this kind of work, so check them out.

Unregistered guest
Put My Ps2 in my ford explorer. using a roof mount tft and fm modulator. Have Alot of engine noise comming out of the radio and the picture is distored turn off the vehicle and this goes away somewhat. I'm Using A Power Inverter 70 watts. I Think Most Of This Is Caused By The ac Power Supply In The Ps2. Know Anyone That Can Get Ride Of This Or Is There A Mod To Take Out The Power Supply And Run It DC Only. Thanks

bagpuss
Unregistered guest
i have a 400watt sine wave invertor -when i switch on with car not running it powers up playstation no prob-when i run car the playstation lights go dim and it shuts down-the invertor also buzzes when this happens-i have tried direct to the batt and its worse-battery is ok so why?-any ideas

Unregistered guest
how do i hook up a flip down tv in my car to a playstation2 im bout to buy the tv and if i have to spend over 50 bucks for parts and stuff im not ganna buy the tv

Unregistered guest
OMG, after reading everyone's questions. it's hard to remember the original one. lol... to hook up PS2 to your car you must. buy a power inverter that will cover about 40 watts. i have a 150. plug your power cord in there. next either plug your rca cables into the back of your headunit and switch to aux. or buy a FM modulator. next hook your video up to your monitor. turn all on. tada! PS2 on the go.
send any other ?'s to ddarkwwolf@yahoo.com.

Unregistered guest
bagpuss, sounds like your invertor is not getting 10v to keep it running properly when the car is off. i had the same problem and rewired my invertor to the battery through a fusible like and it works great.

dkito
Unregistered guest
chris backes, if you don't have an invertor and if you need a fm modulator you will spend more then 50 bucks. my tip. DON'T BE SO CHEAP!

mains voltage car kaboommm
Unregistered guest
Can any1 tell me where i'd get a 100mile extension cord so i can tie it2 da back of my car and plug it in at home to get power?
p.s what da hell is a playstation

Unregistered guest
i wanna know how i can fit a micro wave a big screen tv and a big bag of weed so when i drive its not all in the way and i also wanna be able to still fit the 4 freinds that wanna ride u know how that goes anyone got a ideas oh yeah ps.... the 4 freinds are atleast 400lbs each so u do that math its a 1992 geo prizm 4 door but needs shocks too oh and still not lose ma bas u know how we needs are muzic dont matter its presison power all the best round hea foo... lmmfao

Anonymous

buy a suburban, or excursion.

Chris Derry
Unregistered guest
I have a PS2 and I need to plug it into the car. Only thing is, I need a power inverter and everyone is saying different things. Do I need 60 continuous? 40? 75? If I get that Gamer's power inverter, is it 140 watts per plug or total?

Anonymous

Chris 75watts will be plenty to run that PS2.

fetus eater
Unregistered guest
ok what is all the things i need to put my ps2 in the car. im using a portable dvd player for the tv. what is the cheepest [$$$$] power plug ? {modulator, cig outlet, exe]

Username: Thegr8t1234

I have one of those tv for my playstation 2 can you still hook that up in you car ????

hip hop
Unregistered guest
how do you hook up woofers in your trunk?

CT
Unregistered guest
Ok....I'm no dummy but, I have my inverter, got the ps2, have a flip down flat panel screen that came with the car. Now with all that said....if I don't have a place to plug in the AV jacks am I screwed? No smarta** answers please I can get that on the street. Thanks!! CT

Anonymous

CT if you don't have A/V jacks I think your screwed.

Anonymous

I have 2 15" subs in my truck and I have a t.v. and ps2. Is there anyway i can get my sound to go through my 6.5's and my subs? If so, how?

Anonymous

How do I hook up A ps2 to my laptop

Unregistered guest
hey i have a flip dowb screen in my car and a ps2 i ahve got the inverter n all but i have a problem i ahve got a yellow jack and a white 1 but they r av1 and av2 i can get the visual to work so ic an see wats on my screen but no sound help me!!!!!!!!!!1

u guys r fuken stupid
Unregistered guest
ALL OF YOU ARE FUKEN RETARDED! READ THE GOD DAM THREAD, YOU GUYS JUST ASK THE EXACT SAME QUESTIONS AS EACHOTHER AT LEAST 30 TIMES!!!

IT REALLY ISNT THAT HARD, READ UP ON THE NET AND $HIT AND WORK IT OUT YOURSELVES AND STOP ASKING THE SAME QUESTIONS

JAYLAY
Unregistered guest
What do you mean a fuse 15-30 if hooked directly on the bat?

Username: Ted

Round rock, Texas USA

i have a pyramid 7.2 in. screen, right now my car is in the shop, so to test it i hooked it up to my home dvd player, the sound came up real good ,but their was no picture. Is their something wrong with my screen?

Anonymous

How do I jack my ps2 into the back of my head so i can learn games as fast as Neo learnt kung fu?

Cory
Unregistered guest
I bought a Maxx Power inverter that was 800 watt and i hooked up my ps2 and a small tv but the tv didnt turn on, the playstation did, i have a dodge intrepid, is it because i dont have enough power i just neeed some help because im goin to cedar point and i want to play

ABSOLUTLYPERFECT
Unregistered guest
JUST A NOTE ON HOOKING UP AUDIO ON YOUR CAR PS2. BUY A CHEAP AMPLIFIER AND HOOK IT TO YOUR CAR SPEAKERS. SET THE REMOTE FOR THE AMP UP TO A TOGGLE (MOUNT BESIDE YOUR PS2 POWER SWITCH FOR EASE OF USE)A BOOM GOOD QUALITY SOUND (UNLIKE FM MODULATORS) VERY SIMPLE TOO!

Pancho
Unregistered guest
How do I hook up my Mitsubishi 60 inch plasma flat screen tv to my 1989 Geo Metro?

lost???
Unregistered guest
i know everyone keeps asking the same ? but mine is a little diff. i have an alpine cva-1004 its just an indash tv w radio i have sub rca and aux 1 input i want to hook up a jvc kd-lh1000 head unit and a ps2 to it so i can play movies dvds and cds ? is how do i hook the head unit up i think i have the ps2 figured out the head unit has sub hook ups and two more sets of red and white rca plugs 2nd ? will i get the sound from the subs from everything ????
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us