Weird Problem

Bronze Member
Username: Pelon777

Post Number: 26
Hey guys, see if you could figure it out because i know i cant. Every moprning when i turn my car on the bass will hit NON STOP. So i take the fuse(MAIN FUSE - the one to the battery) out then a couple hours later i put the fuse back in and the problem goes away. Then the next morning it is the same issue. But it works fine after i put the fuse back in. I duno guys im completely lost on this.

Also, the bass boost is usually up all the way but all the way down on the HU. But when i turn down the Bass Boost on the knob they give you.....and if i try to press the button for the windows to go up even if they are all the way up the bass taps HARD. I duno let me know if anyone needs me to clear up anything in this post.

Thank you.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4310
Define "the bass will hit NON STOP." What exactly is it doing? Is it from music or distortion/noise?
Use the bass boost sparingly. Depending on your amp, it'll alter the gain setting on the amp. This could lead to clipping/distortion.
Get a DMM and monitor the voltage in the morning. It's not magical. Every problem has a cause and effect.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
When the volume is on zero...the bass will hit at one frequency LOUD untill i turn off the car.

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 225
Is it a humming noise coming through your subs?

Check your ground connections. Are your RCA cables ran near your power wire?

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 364
Chris,

Take your system to a qualified professional. Do not attempt to do anything else to it. You have no idea what you are doing. Save yourself the trouble and everybody elses, by not attempting to install something when you have no clue, or at least read the directions.

There could be a million possibilities to ridiculous situations such as this one. It sounds like you have no knowlege. Just drop it man.

Dont take it personal. It is the truth.

Bronze Member
Username: Dustyn

Post Number: 18
mixneffect nice advise, might as well saved your 2 minutes of typing. how else do you learn other then doing it yourself?

"Dont take it personal. It is the truth"

As for Chris,
I'v had this sort of problem before and it sounds like it could be your ground. Make sure all your connections are clean and you have the right gauge wire.

Silver Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 365
Dustin you must be an idiot. If no one tells this kid to shape up, he will end up goin through life thinkin he knows what hes doing. He will end up like you.

Perhaps if he would have taken the time to ask before he got started and done some readin up, then maybe he wouldn't be in this dilema.

I am not a jerk. I just can tell when someone is up to their ears in it. I was able to tell from his explanations that he had no clue. He tried to do somethin, and it completely backfired on him.

I am not against people doin it themselves. I am however against answering questions to people that are involved in somethin that they shouldnt get involved yet, because they should have had patience and done some research before gettin started. Thats all.

Its only obvious. Look at the way he explained it. If you understand how audio is installed and supposed to work, then you would have been able to read between the lines.

"and if i try to press the button for the windows to go up even if they are all the way up the bass taps HARD"

This has got to be a sure sign that whoever installed this should not be given the chance to repair it. It clearly shows that no research was done prior to apprehension. Have you ever heard that expression................. "Give a hungry man a fish, and you have fed him a meal. Teach a man how to fish, and he will feed himself for the rest of his life." Chris sounds like the type that would come to the quick answer instead of learning.

By the way;

I personally think there is a short. It may be that the power wire has been tapped into the wrong source. It may be a grounding issue, but I would check the others first.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
Look mixneffect.....First of all....i have installed my own system before and i NEVER had a problem with my wiring..........but this was done by a "qulafied professional" and thats why i have no clue as to where everything is coming from. I come to this website to get some help not to be criticized and insulted!!!

Second........who the hell do u think you are...u dont know me, i aint no kid for you to think you are something better. For all i know u could be a retard. I have never had a problem like this arise in my car or in any body's that i know has a system. So i come to the Board to get advice from someone that maybe has encountered this problem before i have to take it to the place where they installed and and pay them to fix.

Do me favor Mixneffect... dont try to help me.

Silver Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 378
I would take it back to the "QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL", that installed it, lol.

You dont fool me.

If you would know a thing or two about installing a stereo system, you would have been able to give a better description. Instead you gave us a description that even a girl would have done better.

Silver Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 263
mixeffect your mean lol...but if you actually did take it to a "qualified professional" then have him fix the problem then

Silver Member
Username: Mrdark

Post Number: 121
don't trip Chris, I had the same prob a while ago, it was just that my RCA was a little loose...If I were you, I would simply carefully inspect every wire for a secure connection, and for the ground make sure it is metal to metal contact, not metal to paint..hope this helps you!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
Mixneffect you are a dumbass....i dont mean one thats just stupid..you are the kind that get medication for being dumb...you waste everyones time..you are probably some idiot that installed 2 or 3 systems and read the manual to a couple of them and now you think you are the sh*t so let me set YOU straight the problem i am having is how i described how else do you want me to describe it if i dunno where the problem is coming from you f**kin retard...i am explaining the different things that happen with different parts of the car because of the system the smplest way i know. Not everyone has read a manuel like you, maybe thay have encountered it like i said before. The system worked fine before! So the professional that did install it did it correctly. Now i have come across this problem so i dont understand how the hell to describe it so that ANY ONE can help me on this. F**k man i never thought i had to argue on this website about how i describe a problem. You dont even know who you are talking to. You need to shut your mouth and know your roll! I bet you would be saying this sh*t if it were face to face. Get a life.

Silver Member
Username: Sony224422

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 197
mixneffect, let me remind you that this an online forum for help, not for you to tell people life lessons. Everyone here is looking for a quick answer, even you when you ask questions. If you don't like the questions, no one is making you answer them, and yes you are very rude. We don't need people like you on here. So feel free to leave. No ones forcing you to read on this forum, or answer any questions.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1701
Funny because mixneffect is probably right.

quote:

By the way;

I personally think there is a short. It may be that the power wire has been tapped into the wrong source. It may be a grounding issue, but I would check the others first.

The answer is right under your noses and you act arrogant:

quote:

i have installed my own system before and i NEVER had a problem with my wiring..........but this was done by a "qulafied professional

There's no doubt it's a power-wiring problem. If you haven't checked your RCA connections, do so now.

Silver Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 381
If you came up to me face to face, and brought to me this type of horse$hit, I would give the same treatment.

By the way, have you figured out your lil problem yet?

Is that professionally installed system of yours still acting up?

Let us know what it was, when it will be fixed. I am curious to see what it really was that got you spun. That way next time we would be able to exactly pinpoint the problem, when it happens to another person.

Stick around, and read up some of the most interesting(scrambled) definitions and questions that arise. I would encourage you to unscramble some of these issues and trouble-shoot them. You are an experienced installer... Right?

I invite you to step up the plate.

Silver Member
Username: Sony224422

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 198
Whoa, why don't you just calm down and back off. you're not the topnotch person around here. good for you for knowing about something, but you don't know everything pal. I wouldn't say anything if you had some respect around here, but you don't so chill out.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
For your info i still dont know wat the problem it wasnt the RCA connections, i have already changed the wiring on that completely, i checked the power and the ground. And the problem is still there. I even changed the ground to another part of the car. So what now big shot u tell me what the problem is....i mean the way you talk it seems like you know everything. So you tell me? Whats the problem?

I hate people that just talk out of their ***. You dont even know wat car it, so if you are the real expert maybe you should do some research and ask me what kind of car it is? Or what kind of set up? What kind of amp and subs? If im using a Hi-Lo Converter or not? Maybe its time you start using your own advice...The way you try to help is by giving advice that points out obvious things that you would check. I have done the obvious things before coming to this forum morron. I have been installing systems before i could even drive in more cars than i could count. This is one of the first problems i have come to this foruum with and i think it will be the last. Just out of curiosity did you go to school or something for installing sound systems? Is that what you do as ur occupation? I mean im just curious to see with what are you backing up your sh*t??

You serously need to get a life if this makes you feel better about yourself. You are a waste of time.

NOW....is there anyone with anymore suggestions?

Username: Excesslancer

Atlanta , Ga Usa

Post Number: 4
So Chris your amps are wired to turn on through your acessory switch? or your head unit amp turn on wire? that is where your short is so check that wire from the amp all the wato to the turn on point! I use a 150amp breaker for my amps as using the acessory switch can cuase damage over time to the cars electrical or the amps or hu! The acessory turn on is only good fro low amperage devices!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
I use a 50 amp breaker. I only have one amp and 2 subs. The thing i dont understand is why is it happening only in the mornings and why does it go back to normal after i take the fuse out for a couple hours and put it back in? If it was a problem with the amp then the problem would always be present. Also, the other problem this poses is that there no where that is open 8 in the morning for me to get this checked out....so when i take it to the the problem is gone.

Atlanta , Ga Usa

Post Number: 8
is your amp mounted on your sub box?????

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
nope under the seat.

Bronze Member
Username: Tj80

Vancouver, BC Canada

Post Number: 57
Wow, no idea if this was suggested already since I can't be bothered to read all the BS in the middle there :-) Anyways, take a iPod, or portable CD player or something, and connect it to the RCA inputs on your amp (first thing in the morning!) and see if it gives the same problem.

A good rule of thumb for troubleshooting anything... start removing pieces from the puzzle.

If you use the CD player instead of the HU, and th e problem is still there... then you can eliminate the all the elements (wiring etc) from the HU through to the RCA plugged into the amp.

I'm a firm believer in this type of "process of elimination" troubleshooting as a first step. It's often the quick and dirty way of narrowing down which components you should be checking.

Username: Chipotle_cvmobb

Post Number: 2
it mite be ur ground connection. bcuz in my friends car his bass would hit but even wen theres no music it would sound like a heartbeat

Bronze Member

Atlanta , Ga Usa

Post Number: 11
your amp has latent damage is my opinion from extreme heat conditions!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
If the amp has latent damage, would the amp work fine after the fuse was taken out and put back in after a couple hours????

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1767
Two questions:

1) How old are you, Chris?
2) What is the brand and model number of the amplifier?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Old Enough..lol..and the brand is Rockford Phosgate and it is the Power series amp 1500 watts. Im at work so i cant run down to the car to get the exact model number but when i get a chance i will add it. The amp is a very good amp so i dought it has a problem. The subs are 2 12" P3's.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1770
Hmm, when you try to roll up the windows and that causes the problem that would tend to indicate a short or lack of power somewhere within the system (including the amplifier itself)...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
Thats what im thinking it might be too. Ima try that CD player suggestion and if that doesnt work then i am just going to send in the amp for warranty and get it repaired.

But one more thing, this problem only arises when the weather is cold outside. Mostly in the mornings as i said and sumtimes at night. I dunno why, but it just does. I think it is just best to send in the amp, i would take it to the place that installed it but they are far away since i moved and it just isnt worht it to me.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1771
Are you running an external capacitor?

Bronze Member

Vancouver, BC Canada

Post Number: 58
Hm.. mornings... cold weather... Have you tried giving it a cup of coffee? works for me...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
no im not running a cap.

and i dont think the coffee will work, lol.

Bronze Member

Atlanta , Ga Usa

Post Number: 13
Heat damaged for sure your amp i partialy blown dude!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
how are you so sure Excess? i really hope u are rong?

Bronze Member

Atlanta , Ga Usa

Post Number: 15
the instability of the amp according to temp like in the morning and that sounds like there is a short inside the amp which usualy caused by vibratiooon or melted components! open up the amp and have alook!

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1824
Or bad electrolytic caps in the amp....

Bronze Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Oknagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 81
My friend had somthing like that excet bass would "hit" when he turned his truck off (just once)...his rca's just need to bu pushed in all the way.

Silver Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 419
Well, its been 12 days since the post started. Have you got that thing figured out yet? No sense in asking for help and not taking advice. I was just wondering if you got that problem taken care of, and what it was. I'm sure there are a lot of people just as curious to know what it is.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1860
I'd be curious to know as well...

Silver Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 428
bump

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
Hey mixneffect i dunno y ur still talking i mean none of the suggestions you gave were solutions and the person that made a suggestion that is a possibilty of working is Excess mobile audio. So when i get the amp back from phosgate i will let your bit*ch a** know if it was that okay?

Your over 30 years old and you till act like a f*ckin kid. Grow up!!

Bronze Member

Vancouver, BC Canada

Post Number: 66
You guys both sound like kids. Let this thread die, like it should have a long time ago.

Silver Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 429
I highly doubt that it is so. I will wait for the real results.

I mentioned that it is a short in the beginning. I also mentioned that it may be that the power source is tapped into a bad source.

When you flip your windows switch there is a feedback/shorting noise. That should tell you something. If something is damaged inside the amp it may not be the only thing. Your windows and your amp should not have any direct connection.

You mentioned that you are an experienced installer and your previous installs did not have problems. I am here to tell you that from the sounds of it you are not experienced enough to install, based on your ignorance.

Time will only tell.

Cursing and insults are a sign of weakness, arrogance and ignorance.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
LOL

Silver Member
Username: Lanzarchamp

Bakersfield, California United States

Post Number: 114
sounds to me that either your fuse distribution block or fuse holder, needs to be warmed up before playing , the power is getting shorted when it runs through the wire, same thing happened to my cousin in chicago when it was snowing, he had to literally take out his fuse holder ever mornign and heat it up in his house to get his system going. sounds like you either have a cheap fuse or holder
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us