Kenwood amp vs alpine amp my situation?

Bronze Member
Username: Makavelie187

Concord, California Usa

Post Number: 38
hey i know ther are better amps but i can work at best buy and i get like half off all car audio and this kenwood amp is 299 reg and i get it for like 120$ one of the best we have other that the alpine v-12 which is 399 i get for like 200 which amp would hit hader on 2 12" kicker cvrs the alpine or kenwood. the kenwood has higher stats and i will drop the amp n subs to 2 ohms so what you guys think thanks hers links to amps
ALPINE amp
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6983393&type=product&productCatego ryId=cat03087&id=1099388650996
KENWOOD amp
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6983106&type=product&productCatego ryId=cat03087&id=1099388637322

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10251
the alpine V12 amp is far superior to the kenwood in quality and reliability and to me, that makes it the better choice without question, regardless of power. really you rarely use the full power of an amp anyway and you need twice the power to get even a 3dB difference, so arguing over 20 or 50 watts here and there rarely makes a difference with subs.

get the alpine and know you have the better amp.

Bronze Member
Username: Makavelie187

Concord, California Usa

Post Number: 39
thankyou anyone else who has there oppinoin copy and past the site dun work if u click on it

Silver Member
Username: Pikesh

Post Number: 189
dude... ALPINE AND KENWOOD?? Its self explanatory.. i mean its ALPINE.... ALPINE IS AMAZING i mean there are better amp than alpine but between kenwood. i would say ALpine.... i have an alpine amp, its a DIGI amp and its easy to use... + the look lol get alpine..

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10267
on an objective note, alpine's reliability is a lot better than kenwood's.
I've had far too many issues with kenwood amplifiers shutting off at 2 ohm loads, or just flat out failing in under a year to think about.
I've dealt with Alpine personally and professionally for over 15 years and they are a great product and company.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 471
don't they sell kicker amps there to, if they do i would take a kicker amp over alpine and kenwood any day.

Username: Bworcester

Post Number: 10
Nope they don't sell kickers. I work at best buy too and I had the kenwood amp he is talking about. It blew after a couple months so i took it back and got it exchanged. The new one was blown from the factory, so I got fed up and bought the alpine for the extra 50 dollars. The sound is 100% cleaner. I would advise you to not mess with kenwood amps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us