Website that says what band is used where?

Tommy the Terrible
Unregistered guest
Just curious if there is a website that list what band radar is being used where. Weather it be instant on or not, etc.

BTW.....after reading on here and reviews from other sites, bought the 8500 X50. Love it. Main reason for buying it was the upgradeability of it and that I could not find the RX65 locally. It seemed that it, the V1 and the RX65 were pretty similar in ability with the RX65 and X50 being upgradeable. It is a fine detector. I have not owned one in 15 years and am amazed at how far the technology has come.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9822
just for the record, the V1 can bve upgraded as well, for a fee by sending it in for the updates.

Anyway, no site like that I'm aware of since most places use a combination of X, K/Ka, and laser these days, and it changes from county to city, to state, etc..
Only place I know that uses nothing but K band is Virginia, and detectors are illegal there.

www.radartest.com is the only site I know that might have or be interested in having such a database.

Anonymous

what do the police use for the northwesren area?

because i know someone that got pulled over, and the cop said wheres the radar dector! and told him i will search your whole truck, but he didnt even have one but the guy ahead of him did..

did the other guy have a old radar detector or the the police have a new upgrades??

did the other guy have a old radar dect

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9912
the guy apparently had a non-stealth featured detector, and the cop was using a gun with VG-2 or similar technology that allows the detection of radar detectors by sensing the bleed-off of the oscillating crystal used in detectors to produce a harmonic frequency to that used by the police for speed sensing in order to compare frequencies.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us