Which amp to use for Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1?

Username: Jeffal

Post Number: 1
Hey you guys,
My kappa perfect 10" sub has an RMS rating of 350, and I have the infinity reference 5761, which is a 6-channel, and im already using this one for sure for my 4 6 1/2 sony's, for mids and highs, and i was planning on just leaving the 2 channels designed for subwoofers to be unused, because it only has an output of 287 RMS at 4 ohms, and I didn't want to under-power the sub. So I bought the infinity ref 611a, which has an output of like 456 RMS at 4 ohms, cuz I thought it would be better to have a little extra power than less.

But now, I am reconsidering just using the one amp cuz it would save me a few hundred dollars, so I was wondering if you guys think that the difference in RMS (between the 6-ch and the sub)is small enough that it wouldnt really matter. what you guys think? I would really appreciate some feedback.

Thanks,
Jeff

A Helping Hand
Unregistered guest
Problems can come with underpowering a sub. Overpowering can be an issue too if you're planning on cranking it to the max for long periods of time. (And who... buying new sound systems... isn't doing it for some extra base... :-):-):-)) So I'd run it off your 6ch. until you get the money for the upgrade to a more powerful amp... and 456 RMS might be a bit much for your sub. Just something to think about. Hope this helps or gives you some options to consider
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us