Post Number: 38
2 12" CVRs powered by an alpine v12 600.1

VS.

1 10" w7 powered by a 500/1

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 911
the cvr's would prolly win in SPL...the w7 would win in SQ.

it all would depend on the install though.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9768
was there a question in there somewhere?

Bronze Member
Username: Bakerj72

Regina, Sask. Canada

Post Number: 41
what should i get i like SQ but i want it loud
im leanning toward the jl set up.

Anonymous

i have done this experiment before with a eclipse titanium 12. setup was a MTX 1501d setup to run a 2ohm load on the titanium. during a competition we ran the titanium in a OBCON godzilla enclosure...(about 2 1/2 cubic vented box) versus a 10W7 in the JL H.O. box. the single 10 pulled 146 on the meter with the Eclipse pulling a 142. i know a lot of people knock W7's for price and they say their are better out their. but when you hear one you know what it is....that's for damn sure.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9784
if you want loud I'd go with the two twelves, and I'd get an amp that drives about 800 watts RMS x 1 @ 2 ohms if you get a pair of dual 2 ohm coil subs.

Silver Member
Username: Legacyaudio

Post Number: 178
anonymous i dont think you heard a 10w7 compared to a eclipse 12 ti

partly becasue the 10 in w7 has no chance against the 12 in ti

SimonJcasey
Unregistered guest
well i think you mis understand....this is Spyder...i am a registered user just forgot pass......for a eclipse titanium to actually hit hard it needs a big damn box and a lot of power. i know this as we later put that sub mono on a zapco c2k 6.0. sounded crappy but it got loud. i have seen 2 in a ported spl box and it hit 152 on a whitlee meter.....that doesn't say much but old school meter. the W7 in my car with my zapco 1100.1 amp hits 151 all day long. it's all about the right box and the right amount of power with just about any sub.....just happends i didn't have to spend as much to get that loud....and yet it still sounds good. also anyone know how to retrive the password from the site as i just formatted and lost my password.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9820
the Ti subs do very well in small sealed enclosure applications for SQ though

WC
Unregistered guest
Well I dont know, but I luv both of them, Kicker and JL.

Bronze Member
Username: Brady427

Post Number: 33
the CVR's will be louder...but you may considering getting a bigger amp to run them...i have 2 CVR12's running off an alpine 1000wrms and it sounds pretty good....

Bronze Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 59
you are right as usual glass......but when they are in those small enclosures they sound badass but they won't be on the same level as RE or some of the higher subs. awsome sound q in small box just don't try and make em loud or you will lose that sound quality.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us