SONY Xplod cdx **Wiring**

Username: Danielme

Post Number: 1
NEVER TRIED THIS BEFORE. I'v always wanted to know how to fix these car audio stuff since I know computers inside out.

NEED help with my cdx-ca850 wiring. I paid too much for this unit in order to help another friend in money trouble. It came without any manual, but I got hold of ANOTHER cdx manual with is almost exactly the same - ONLY PROBLEM: doesn't have the wiring info!

I know the basic left/right/front/rear speaker +/- wiring, BUT WHAT there are 3 other wires that I can't work out...? Is there a standard that these wires correspond to??
[I know I'm not being very specific, but i'll look it up if u ask me something about the unit!]

(i'm new here and hav found this site 2b MOST useful.)

Cheers,
Daniel.

lkcioweklf
Unregistered guest

quote:

I know the basic left/right/front/rear speaker +/- wiring, BUT WHAT there are 3 other wires that I can't work out...? Is there a standard that these wires correspond to??

Most likely power wires, red-ignition, black-ground, yellow-battery constant, blue-antenna, bluew/whitestripe is the amp remote on. Everything else is not necessary for hookup.

Post Number: 2
Cheers,
m driving a ROVER 620sli. (Apparently it insides follows the schematics of a Honda Accord!)

guess I CAN ALWAYZ bring it in to get it fixed by a car audio guy, BUT i think this is a real good challenge for me. Will look up the red/black/yellow/blue wires and POST ANOTHER reply asap.

Post Number: 4
Was reading another post, and it reads:
"PS: Everyone looking for wiring diagrams you dont need a diagram buy an wiring adapter! This will fit into your factory plug and will have the color code on the package to wire into your new radio!!! They are available at any audio store, online, walmart even has a few!"

-- Duuhh right?! Should've thought of that before.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us