Infinity kappa perfect subs w/ rockford amp wiring

Username: Sbc63

Post Number: 1
hey guys, im planning on buying a pair of 12" kappa perfects and running them on a rockford fosgate t5002 power amp. my question is how i should wire them. heres the amp rating:
75 W x 2 @ 4 Ohms RMS
150 W x 2 @ 2 Ohms RMS
250 W x 2 @ 1 Ohms RMS
300 W x 1 @ 4 Ohms Bridged RMS
500 W x 1 @ 2 Ohms Bridged RMS

the subs are rated at 4 ohms and 350w rms

what would be the best way to wire these for best performance without damaging either the sub or amp?

Post Number: 2
-follow up after reading the good and bad list

how does that model rockford do? i was also looking at a soundstream XSTREAM XTA600.2 600w amp which is cheaper. which one would you recommend?

Username: Xkawn

Post Number: 10
hmm, you have my name and almost the same system too, lol. i have, but not yet installed, two 12.1 perfects with a rf power 850. for my mids and highs i have a soundstream xta480.4. before my previous system was stolen i had the 12.1's being pushed by a rf punch series 800.4 and it sounded amazing. plenty of both sq and spl. i have not yet tried the soundstream, but if you were to go with the rf i'd get a little more powerfull of an amp, say 750 or higher. as far as installation i bought a book, read it. tried it myself and couldn't even get the HU out of my dash so obviously i'm no help there, lol.....

Bronze Member
Username: Halby

Parsippany, NJ

Post Number: 78
kevin,
You like the 12.1? I am about to install just one 12.1 with an MTX Thunder 801D. Hoping I get the SQ and SPL like you said with just the one.

Post Number: 3
my brother has a pair of the kappa perfects installed and they sound great. as for the amp, i dont really want to spend any more than $300 for one. what do you guys think of the soundstream xstream series? i saw soundstream was on the good list so what about maybe the soundstream xta 880.2 or the 600.2

Bronze Member
Username: Xkawn

Post Number: 11
this is the other kevin, lol. just so we don't look like we're talking to ourselves, lol. anyways chris, i had the perfects hooked up to a rockford fosgate punch 800.4 and it was loud enough to hear from in my house about two blocks away. the lows are awesome and the sound quality is great. it has more than enough spl. it really pounds. it seems to me the more i played it the better they got (spl,sq). there is a break in period which is what i think does that. from my understanding you shouldn't pound them too hard till' they're broken in as to not damage them.

and kevin, i cannot attest for the xstream cuz i haven't hooked it up, but it is supposed to be really good. my friend had soundstream amps and he said they were awesome tis why i went with them. i do like the rockford fosgates. my previous system was fosgate amps and like i said it was an awesome system. also i heard the new phoenix gold xenon series are top notch.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us