Wiring two subs off a RF P3001 amp

Bronze Member
Username: Brynm

Prince Albert, SK Canada

Post Number: 29
I have two 12" Infinity 1230w ( 4 ohm SVC, 300W apiece). So far I've only had one sub hooked up and am now ready to hook up the second. My question is the amp has terminals labeled Speaker A + and - and speaker B + and -, is there any more I have to do with this amp than to hook the second sub to the speaker B terminals to run it at 2 ohms.
The amp was purchased off eBay and didn't come with instructions and when I try to download the manual off RF's website I can only get about 1MB down before it locks up (tried many times) any help would be appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 646
yea what you said about hooking them up to terminal A and B is right...since its a mono amp it will run at 2ohms they just have the 2 terminals for easier installation

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 130
Sorry, i'm not answering your question, but I'm thinking of buying the RF P3001 and i was just wondering how is it ? and i see you live in Canada how much did you pay for it ?

Bronze Member
Username: Brynm

Prince Albert, SK Canada

Post Number: 30
yeah ,JC, so far I love that amp. I got a hell of a deal, about $150 Canadian with shipping included off eBay. the only problem is it didn't come with any papers. In searching the net for info I came across a couple of sites where people have said that on the birth sheet RF gives you (they test every amp) they say about 390-410 watts at 2 ohms. So far it's only running one 12" Infinity 1230W and it sounds clean and even at fairly loud volumes I can't for the life of me feel any heat off the heat sinks. I can't wait to get the second sub in, and I'd highly recommend it. Or, If you don't mind used check out a P6001 on eBay http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5792940127&fromMakeTrack=t rue if I hadn't already bought mine I'd be drooling on this one
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us