HU - Kenwood KDC-MP5028

Subs - 2 12" Kicker CompVR

Amp - JL e1800D

Good?

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 565
Looks like a pretty good setup to me. What about speakers in the car? There is a huge difference between stock and after market speakers.

WC
Unregistered guest
The other speakers, yea I will have to chage them later, all I did was add some 6x9's in the back.

WC
Unregistered guest
Anymore suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8635
good.
not a big kenwood guy myself.
if you like it that's cool.
you need components.
I'd do front stage even before subs myself. 70% of the music you hear is handled by your front stage.

WC
Unregistered guest
Whats wrong with Kenwoods HU's, or Kenwood?

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1798
Alpine/Eclipse/Clarion/Nakamichi/Pioneer Premier are the choice by many pros. I never owned a Kenwood so i whouldnt know. Maybe glasswolf can explain in depth.

WC
Unregistered guest
Here is why I like that Kenwood, it has two 4V preouts, and found it on the net for like $130. Someone give me model names for Alpine or Pioneer that are cheap and with 4V preouts or more.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1801
I whould stick with the Kenwood if i were you. For your system it should work well. Dont let people make you feel uncertain about a product until you have heard it yourself and made up your mind because its your system and your ears. Just take the advice but also experiment alittle. Trial and Error

WC
Unregistered guest
No no right, I'm not the kind that listen to all these people, or try to copy other peoples system. But about what I said, I had my current Kenwood for like 3 years, I like Kenwood. It just went out on me (does not play CD's, just needs a good cleaning) but its really old, I could go for the upgarded one. Plus I have had experience with Alpine and Pioneer.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1803
Go with Kenwood if you feel that it fits your budget and since your familiar with it and trust it. Also consider Alpine from last year and any Pioneer Premier Hu's not the regular ones.

WC
Unregistered guest
Later Alpines you say, I was looking at some of those Pioneers Premier's, the only on with 4V preout was I think over $300, thats too much for a HU I say. I think I will go with the Kenwood.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8642
I don't like kenwood because they have rather poor reliability.
I'd go with a clarion or alpine before kenwood.
I'd also saave up a little more than $130 for a good head unit to drive a system like you're putting together.
spending a little more, maybe $200, will pay off in the long run.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us