Amp for 15"s

Username: Suthurnlatino

Post Number: 1
I have two MB Quart PWE-352 15" 2-ohm DVC subs I recently got and I only installed one in my car. The amp I am using to power it is an MB Quart RAA2400 (its running at 800x1 4-ohm) However, I have the other one which I don't have an amp for and was hoping for some suggestions.

I was going to get a 1600W+ RMS amp to power both of them originally and put the RAA2400 on my fronts but after searching the forums it looked like the brands I was looking at weren't that good (Hifonics) but now I found a Orion that would suit my needs. The Orion 2500d seemed like it could do the job (2500x1 1-ohm) . Another option I had was the MB Quart RAA1000 ($300) which gives 1000x1 at 1-ohm. I'll look into other brands but I am more concerned about SQ. Should I just get a seperate amp for each woofer or would a monster D-class be enough? There's no real budget but something under $1,000 would be nice. Thanks to anyone with suggestions.

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 563
Try a Zapco. www.zapco.com

Orion, Xtant, Eclipse, Diamon Audio, etc.

Maybe an Elemental Design?

Username: Suthurnlatino

Post Number: 2
I have a local dealer that stocks Xtant who is unfortunately getting rid of it because no one buys the brand :-( I'll look into that tomorrow maybe I can score a deal on them. I also was looking at Orion but a couple of dealers told me it puts out a lot of power but not clean. The one I was looking at is this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5790574030%26&sspagename= STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT%26 It seems like a good deal.

BTW thanks for the response by the looks of things I'm going to have to end up using two separate amplifiers though. How do MB Quart amps stack up against those listed brands?

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 560
Hmmm... too bad no one is buying the Xtant stuff. They are some of the best amps you can get, I just think that they don't get the publicity that other companies get. I think that Mitek (company that makes xtant) knows that if some one is buying an Xtant, they know that it is a great product and that they don't need advertising to sell their high end stuff. And then they get alot of money from their mainstream brand MTX (also mitek). Which is also a good name in amps, but not high end like Xtant.

Case in point: Around where I live (rural MN, yes it is frickin g@y here) kids think that Rockford, Kicker and Power Akoustic are the best subs on the planet. Simply because there is a Best Buy and one car audio dealer who sells Kicker close by. When I show them my Xtant stuff, they are like "What is that?". I don't care that they haven't heard of it, because I know it is high end stuff. That is probably what Mitek is thinking, when they don't market their high-end stuff as heavy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us