New amp.. will it work? help please

Username: Jekz409

Post Number: 6
okay so i just got a boss rt345(not too high in quality but whatever. and im going to wire it to 2 kicker comp c108 subs, which are 8ohms/150wt rms 300wt peak each. im bridging the amp to the subs.. how should i wire the subs to the bridged amp line? could anyone maybe include a link of how to.. only thing i got down was that 8ohms and 8ohms wired a certain way makes 4 ohms which is great because the amp is 600wt peak @4ohms.. if it matters i made each sub a double ported bandpass enclosure. . oh yeah and will it put too much power to the subs if my wattage out of deck is 100wt? cant you lower the wattage on the amp? thanks for any help

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 463
dotn worry about the amp its not pushing anywere near what it advertises....yes you shoudl connect both speakers into the channels were it says bridge
usually R+ and L-

Username: Jekz409

Post Number: 7
hmm thats wat i was thinkin.. so basically take my sub wire, cut it in half, one from the amp to the first sub, the second from the first sub to the second?

Bronze Member
Username: Brynm

Prince Albert, SK Canada

Post Number: 13
Here's an excellent site for a wiring diagram http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp?WoofQty=2+woofers&WoofImp =Single+Voice+Coil+-+8+ohms&image.x=13&image.y=12
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us