Newbie probs with Sony XR-C5300R and cassette adapter

Username: Bluep

Post Number: 1
Please help me! Sony customer services were useless and suggested I take my unit in for repair - complete lack of understanding of my problem!

I have a Sony XR-C5300R head unit and want to route my MP3 player through it. Simple I thought and bought a cassette adapter from Maplins that has a cable attached that plugs into the headphone socket on the player. I have used these before with no problems in my old car. However, I put the cassette adapter into the car stereo and all it does it click round and round - like its autoreversing and trying to find a bit of tape to play. No sound of MP3s at all. Other tapes work fine in the unit as does the cassette adapter elsewhere.

IS there some kind of automatic find or auto reverse function at work here that I can switch off? Or it the head unit just incompatible with these kinds of adapters? If so, would there be a "line in" socket at the back of the unit or similar that I could hook the mp3 player up to? I do have a cd changer in the back of the car but its recently been going all funky (not recognising any discs) and both are out of warrenty hence the MP3 player pirchase - so if there is only one connection I am happy to unhook the cd changer for the MP3 player.

As my post suggests, I am a newbie at all this and a female to boot!!! However, I build computers and stuff, so am quite logical and practical once i understand what I need to do.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us