¤- Can this be done???????? -¤ (i am a genius if it can)

Anonymous

I just started learning about car audio and i am not good with terms or anything BUTTTT, would a person be able to bridge (i think that is the term) 3 of the head units speaker wires to power 1 small sub and use the 4th speaker wire to power a tweater?

...My head unit kicks out 25watt rms x 4, so that would be like 75w rms for the sub and 25w for the tweeter.

WILL IT WORK???????? I don't see why it wouldn't but i am sure i will be proven wrong. Thnx for your inputs

Bronze Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 90
i think it would work for the tweeter but i doubt it would work for the subwoofer and even if it did you would have words coming out the subwoofer because you wouldn't be able to set it on LPF

Anonymous

wuw, wut is LPF?

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 688
The headunit speaker wires cannot be bridged without causing damage to the headunit. I would attempt to describe why it can't be done, but it's complicated, heh heh, maybe someone else could do a better job at that.

LPF=Low Pass Filter

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 217
It's easier just to hand out a link then to explain it.

http://www.bcae1.com/brighead.htm

Anonymous

whats the difference between a mono amplifier and a normal amplifier

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 691
Great link, Knack! Forgot that bcae had a section about that!

And to answer your question: Mono consists of only one channel of output power.

Anonymous

lol, just for the record, that last Anonymous post wasn't me.

Username: Zer0

King, Cali USA

Post Number: 4
i think that attempting to bridge a head unit is not a good idea to say the least, if you care about it anyway.. my advice to you is pick up a cheap 200W amp and push that sub it should push around 100w RMS if its worth anything (amp)

ok this is a no brainer... mono=1 stereo=2 some amps have upto 4 or i have heard of even 6 channels

Bronze Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 46
and plus, what on earth you do with just 1 tweeter? :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Winn

Santa Ana, California US

Post Number: 15
oh well... scuba steve.... his car migh doesn't have passenger sit or he doesn't care about one of his ear.... That's the reason why he looking for "MONO" sub and "MONO" tweeter.... he's "genius".

Bronze Member
Username: Mrcoddy

Taber, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 26
even so, if you put 3 deck chanals together you wouldnt have 75 rms you would be closer to 45rms or less becase decks are rated for peak music power not rms. Also with bridgeing the chanels you lose sound quality and power for each chanel.

Username: 97mustang82

Post Number: 1
Does any one know anything about rockford amps? I have one the died and if i buy anotherone...will i be able to hook it up to the same wire's as the ones i used in my car for the old amp? I know i can use the same speaker wires and input and output (red and white wires) but waht about this REM wire? Is that for the power...and are they all the same type to plug in for rockford amps. PLEASE HELP ME OUT...thanks alot :-)

Anonymous

Robert your first ? about rockford amp, Rockford amp are usally good. you may want to check your wiring so you dont burn out another amp of any brand. Your 2nd ? about REM wire, most after market HU's have a remote or coninous power wire usally a solid blue. If your using the manufacture HU, you may want to check with manufacture of your car or refer to car user manuel for remote wiring.

Rem wire is a the same as continous posative charge. usally between 11 - 14 volts depending if your car is running or not.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us