Used 500/1(month) or newTotal 500.1

Bronze Member
Username: Makenx19

Post Number: 24
hi, Would like to know if anyone could tell me which is a better choice in amps: a (one month) used JL 500/1 $300 or a Total(owned by JL i heard) 500.1 (i think thats the model it puts out 500 anyway) for $300. The audio shop owner would give me a small warranty of the 500/1 and i also know for a fact the 500/1 hasnt been abused (the Total comes with the regular warranty), so which do you think is the better choice? P.S. will be pushed Diamond M612D4 in ported box if that helps

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 328
id go with the 500/1

Unregistered guest
the 500.1 is better in respect that it pushes 500 watts no matter the impedance or the voltage.....the total amp (personal experience) will push the 500 at 13 volts and 2ohm impedance. so you could go either way as they will both hit hard. so only thing i can say is what kinda warrenty you want as the total amp is gonna cost the same amount to fix as the total amp if it gets messed up if the warrenty is out after a year like the usual for JL. but don't let people tell you the total amp won't hit as i had one pushin a W7 and damn i was impressed with it.....before the w7 i had to W3V2D4's with 2 of the total 500 amps.....loud as hell is all i can say.....now one of the amps is sold to a guy in a mustang with an eclipse titanium and that thing moves some air.....both are good amps.

Bronze Member
Username: Makenx19

Post Number: 25
thanks guys the JL has a 90 day warranty and the Total has a year warranty. guess ill have to close my eyes and decide btw does anyone know the website for Total amps? the JL site says nothin about it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us