Archive through October 11, 2004

I just installed a new car stereo and as I increase the volume, the speakers start making this strange clicking or crackling type noise. The stereo is 30x4 and my front speakers are 30 watts each and the back two speakers are 100 watts. On top of that, my back two speakers aren't working and I have all the speakers hooked up correctly to the right wires. I'm not sure where to start to make sure the back two speakers are even hooked up into the wiring... Any suggestions for any of these issues -- email me at tsjocool@mchsi.com or post a response to this message! Thanks!!!!!

motoman22
Tammy, sounds like the speakers are shot. The rattling/crackling noise is a sure-sign of a fried voice coil.

Chances are that the speakers in your car have been abused ..don't try to bass when you don't have bass. The back ones may be completely shot since most who abuse speakers abuse the back ones more. (not pointing fingers, just the facts.)

Replace the speakers, be kind to them.

motoman22
Of course, test the speakers before you replace them...or just pull them and take them to a stereo shop to be tested as they should have the equipment to quickly test this stuff. Testing is usually free in hopes of you buying from them.

The speakers aren't actually crackling... they make this "thumping" type sound as I increase the volume. I assume it's because the wattage on the speakers is too small. I just wasn't sure if there was something I could buy to make the sound stop. The speakers do work fine and aren't blown because they were working fine with the previous radio I had in it. Now with the new radio, it's making this sound. My radio is a 35 watt Sony... the front speakers I assume are 10 or 20 watts (they are the original car speakers), the rear speakers are 100 watts Pioneer.

motoman22
If they sounded fine before the new radio and sound bad after the new radio, I'd suspect either the radio or the install.

Assuming that the install was a basic 'head pop' where the factory wiring was used and done properly the head unit may be defective. There shouldn't be any odd noise on the speaker lines like that and if the thumping only happens when you adjust the volume the suspect failure would be inside the radio.

If you bought it new and have the option of returning it for an exchange, I would. If replacing the radio doesn't fix the problem then it's going to take some in-depth troubleshooting.

I bet my buck that replacing the radio fixes the problem. Hope it works out easily!

i have an Wharfedale Valdus 500 Series speakers and every time i put the volume up, and when the bass would be loud my speakers would make an rattling/thumping noise i dont no what is wrong
Can you please email me if you know what wrong with them at semi_fudge_pastry@hotmail.com

Anonymous
I have a Kenwood Z838W stereo. Whenever I turn it up the front speakers on the car start to crackle even if I change the fader settings to just the back speakers so the front one are technically off. The problem occurs when the volume level goes above 22 (Max is 35). At 22 the bass is good and everything is fine but as soon as I go one above to 23 that is when the problem starts. I get an awful crackling noise that gets worse gradually.

Thanks in advance for any help given to solve this problem.

well a clicking type noise can be caused by the trebal being to igh or low have it on 0 or -1 or 1 c if this helps and head units put out a max powe and by reading ur post 30W x 4 soud to be what u got. and the rear 100W woud be max to rms is what the stero like to work at. if u back steaker don't work like th wires off the front working speakers soon c if they work

My rear speakers make a kind of static noise occasionally it's faint but I tend to listen closely. I would describe it as like a breif soft scratch in the sound. It really bugs me! It's been like this ever since I bought the speakers (new) and installed them.
Also, my speakers in the front door panels of my car cause a lot of vibration (I think because the door panels aren't of great quality) which really annoy me and take away from the performance of my speakers. What is a great economic solution to this problem? Thanks Guys!

motoman22
usnaboy, some interferrence seems to be getting in the line(s) going back to your rear speakers. You didn't notice it before because, let me guess, they were stock paper-cone speakers which were replaced with better quality 2-way speakers. The OEM paper speakers aren't physically capable of reproducing those sounds, it was always there but you just couldn't hear it.

If so, tracking those down is a beyotch. Finding the source of the noise is the real 'fix' but a fairly reliable 'patch' is to put a Bass Blocker on each speaker. Bass Blockers are just capacitors that filter out low frequencies (which you should have on them anyway) but they also tend to remove static. Or you could put cheapo paper speakers back in... naaa!

As for the front speakers causing vibration, couple things that will help. First, put bass blockers on those speakers as well. This should remove some of the bass that is causing the vibration, they aren't designed to play that sound anyway. Second, pull the panels from around the speakers and cover the area with Dynamat. This stuff is made for this exact application and will be invisible once you put the panels back on.

Hope that helps.

Blond Haredbitch
My car radio works fine with the ignition turned on. But when I turn the ignition to the off position the radio stops working. What am I doing wrong?

L. ove To watch
Blond Haredbitch
I think you have a dry clitoral situation. Try rubbing warm oily fluid on your Love Button. Your Love Button if you can't find it yourself. Can be found by most males and easily be oiled by hand other other methods till your problem is resolved. Be sure to not let this Love Button ever get dry again.Try oiling the Love Button in front of your man. He'll be able to tell you if your technic is alright and suggest to you other options for proper Love Button care.

i got a 450 watt speakers when i turn the volume up the lights of my room begains to flash with the bass is every thing ok with that

Hey i just put two 10 inch subs in my car. Now they shut on and off when the stereo is on, and than sometimes they will go off, but the bass will be loud sometimes then go quiet then off. Then after awhile it might come back on and do the same thing. If anyone can help me with an answer please email me at {drill@ptd.net}. Thank you

Moses
check your RCA's.... it might be loose or sumthing... if that's not the problem... then check your wires...

lare dogg
every1 needs to check their ground connection. you would be surprised about how much a bad ground will affect performace of your sterio. a loose ground can cause crackling, poping, or electrical noise.

Username: Gfa

Post Number: 1
need help. just installed a new radio to replace stock alpine which has no rca connection in order to use a 25x4 amp. speakers have enough wattage to cover up to 100-200watts of new amp when replaced later. system soundd good but when engine was turned on then the problem begins. A static or hissing sound appears. what could b the source? engine? power cable?, amp?, wiring? the intaller was quick to blame the headunit. any suggestions?

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 355
if the noise changes tone when you press the gas pedal, it's alternator whine, which indicates a bad ground, or your RCA lines and the power line to the amp are side by side, which is a recipe for noise, too.
if it's more of a static sound, it's either the head unit or the amplifier that's defective, and should be repaired or replaced.

Unregistered guest
I just installed a sony CDX-L410X in my 2001 dodge neon and now it hardly puts out any bass compared to the factory radio. It still has the original speakers everything is hooked up correctly. Does anybody know wat the problem may be?

Username: Motoman22

Post Number: 61
James, your question does not belong in this thread.

Unregistered guest
my speakers are makig a static noise when my amp's fuse is in, but when it is out they work fine. I had an accident the other day when my ground wire came out. I went to put it back in and it touched the speaker wires connected to the amp, and it made a spark. Then my radio went dead. It blew the fuse in my power wire and my interior light fuse. I fixed both and now I have this problem with the static. Can someone help me with this?

Bronze Member
Username: Zen936

Post Number: 51
You may need to replace your fuse with a new one. Touching the speaker wires is bad. You could have also fried some circuitry either in the speaker or the amp.

Alternatively it could be your Head Unit. The best thing to do would be to bring it to an audio shop to have it tested. They should know best.

Username: Hillz

Post Number: 2
check to see if you have broken rcas thats if your amping them

Unregistered guest
After replacing a Factory installed stereo in a 95 Toyota Camry Sedan with a Sony CD model, there is a very loud pop when I turn the unit on. Using a capacitor on the power line did not help. Do I have a grounding issue with the speakers? It sounds like a shutgun blast. What would the logical things and what order to check?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1078
you have a cheap stereo.
blame Sony.

Unregistered guest
Any other options? I just passed my 30 days from Shipping notice. Definately a sony issue?

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 120
99.999% yes it is the sony crap.....btw sony is crap

Unregistered guest
my stero works fine, but when it rains, after about 5 mins. the two front and two back speakers crackle then stop working, while still playing a cd or tuner.this happend with the old stero i just replaced(sony).i think it might be a bad ground wire is it a wire or speaker wire short?

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 122
hmmm....about 5mins after it rain? could it be a short circuit with water getting between the speaker cables or something?

zipporah
Unregistered guest
My font speaker on the passenger side plays really low you can barely hear it plays when it wants to i thought maybe my speaker i clocked out but dont think tat's it wahat could be the problem

Unregistered guest
I have a 52W head unit, 240W (40W RMS) 6x9 rear and 100W (20W RMS) 4x6 front speakers. Fronts have the bass reducers on them. The maximum volume is 50. Playing the radio or CD past 30 causes severe crackling and distortion in both front and rear speakers with the loudness off, bass & treble at zero. I have been told the head unit could be defective, which is an easy fix. Or, to put bass reducers on the rears. Also that it could be some sort of EMI from other components (was not the case with the factory unit). And lastly, all four NEW speakers could be bad. Which is most likely correct?

Bronze Member
Username: Zen936

Post Number: 54
Hmm..I noticed that you never mentioned anything about using amplifiers. 52w head units (depending on brand), gives out roughly 20-25w rms. It ain't going to be good enough to power your speakers.

My guess is that you would need to use an amplifier. Unless everything was stock, it shouldn't be a problem. But I presume you changed your speakers and head unit. If you think the head unit is bad, have a try with another head unit and see if the same thing happens.

It mustve been a Sony. Harharhar

mandolin
Unregistered guest
Can someone help, I just don't understand. My front speakers will be crackly and faint then slowly they will increase in volume (I'm not touching the volume control) until everything becomes clear and they work fine. Other times they start off fine but then cut out completely. The rear speakers work perfectly. Any ideas on why this may be occuring?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1277
bad wiring or bad amplifier in the radio.
most likely a wiring problem.

Unregistered guest
i have a jetta and there are 2 spots under the seats where subs will fit but im not sure if they will over heat should i try

KSL
Unregistered guest
got a 4x45 system and 6x9 300w speakers in the bak, they are now starting to crackle. what could be the problem?

justmoody
Unregistered guest
i have just replaced the two stock rear speakers in my accord with pioneer 6 by 9, 240 watt max speakers. turned up they sound just fine but the distortion starts at a low volume. the cd player is very simplistic in design and produces about 35 watts per speaker. the front speakers do not have this odd distortion. can somebody help?

Unregistered guest
I have just installed a JVC KDS590 in to my 95 Mirage, along with an Amp and two 12in woffers...now all my speakers make a funny hissing and popping noise (like static of something). I checked all the wires going to the head and they all seem fine and my head unit has been checked at the store and works fine and its not the speakers, because any speaker that I hook up does the same thing when connected to my car, but not to any other car. What give? Am I going to have to rewire all the speakers or something? also, no sound is coming out of the amp at all.

Unregistered guest
my car stereo/cd is not producing any audio? the power is turned on but there is nothing coming from any of the six speakers. also my antennae won't come up anymore. i have a '94 toyota camry. please help!!!

Hontzy
Unregistered guest
I am having a problem with my subs. i have 2 audiobahn 12's and a shitty pyramid amp. there is a thumping sound when i have the car off and i turn down the head unit. i dont know if i need a new amp or what. someone please help

chee
Unregistered guest
it could be the fact that your amp is shitty (as you said)?

Username: Soundbite

BN, Asia Brunei Darus...

You're using a Pyramid amp to power two 12" audiobahns? Invest in a better amp my friend. As usual, stay away from the Xplod series. :-)

brmkart14
Unregistered guest
I have a Pioneer DEH-P3000 45wX4 head unit with Pioneer 200w max 6X9's and an Alpine 360w max amplifier. The speakers pop,rattle,thump, etc... at high volume. They have done this ever since I have had the speakers, even before the amp was installed. The head unit has always been in the car. What are some ideas to fix this.

Unregistered guest
I have 1 x Alpine mrv f340 powering 4 x focal 8inch? approx speakers, I have 2 x 12" alpine type R subs in a prefab sub box, running the subs is a alpine mrpm350 mono amp. I have just got another mrpm350 so that the amps can have one sub each. Problem is that when the engine is running I am getting a static noise through all four speakers. If I crank it up the static is overpowered by the speakers. If the engine is off there is no static whatsoever at any volume.

What do you guys think? Bad Earth? or something else? It doesnt sound like a whine and doesnt whir when you rev the engine.

Thanks for any help

Glen

Unregistered guest
I have two Sony Xplod 6x9" speakers on my back shelf. They have been working perfectly until now, when the bass has suddenly disappeared. I know it is not the speakers because when I change the balance to just one side or the other the bass returns. Could it be the amp in my cd player? (4x50W)I have checked the wiring too, but still the same.
Any help is much appreciated,
Regards,
AJ!

Username: Timmayyyy

Pasadena, CA U.S.

Post Number: 4
^ don't tell us your headunit is Sony? =4

Unregistered guest
I have a 94 Chevy Blazer with stock stereo and speakers. When I turn up the volume, the right-front and right-rear speakers make a crackling noise. The sound from those speakers also sounds dull and empty even at low volume. This happens only with the speakers on the right, and the left ones sound fine. I tried connecting another head unit that was exactly the same as my origional one, and the same thing happened. It is not the antenna because it even happens when I use the tape deck.

Can somebody please help me with this?

Unregistered guest
HELLO I HAVE 2 ALPINE 6X9'S 3-WAYS AND 2 5" FOSGATES A 600WATT SONY XPLOD AMP THE SPEAKERS USED TO SOUND AMAZING TOGETHER BESIDES THE STOCK TWEETERS WHICH JUST CANT HANDLE THE VOLUME BUT NOW THE VOLUME ISNT ANY NEAR AS LOUD AND THE SPEAKERS DONT SOUND CLEAR WHATS WRONG AND A JVC HEAD UNIT

Unregistered guest
I have an old Cd player i think a pioneer and everytime i start the car the cd player makes a winding noise and resets and doesnt stay on you have to turn the cd player on everytime u start the car! what could this be?

none
Unregistered guest
AJ, maybe one of your back speakers is wired with reverse polarity. That would cause your problem. Be sure +/- from radio goes to +/- on the speakers...

Unregistered guest
I've got some new speakers that are now crackling when the car is on, but sound fine when the car is off, what's the deal?

smity_oz
Unregistered guest
Hey, I just install some xplod splits which I brought a while back but never used them in my girlfriends car and the tweeters distort like hell when I play them above halfway. Running straight of the head unit, original wiring all the way to the door where I tap in with the woofer directly and the component bridges off the woofer wire with a capacitor, is this just a shitty method and I should buy crossovers? I didnt put it in my car becuase I wanted a cross over network. Regards

Lil_kev
Unregistered guest
hey smity, every component system needs a cross over network to separate upper sound frequency to tweeter and lower sound frequency to the woofer. Without a crossover, your tweeter would have to play the bass notes too. That's why is distort like crazy. Solution, get a crossover network.

Nickstradamus
Unregistered guest
I have a panasonic CD player in my car and 5 1/4' speakers in the front doors and 6x9' in the back. My speakers keep on cutting in and out. I thought maybe the wires were lose so I checked it out and reconnected all of the wires. Everything is fine. Checked the fuses. Everything was fine. This leads me to believe the CD player is defective and needs to be replaced. What does everyone else think about this.

Unregistered guest
I have just recently replaced my speakers in my car and installed a cd player. But.. the cd players turns on and works.. but nothing comes out of the speakers. they only work when they want to it seems like. or when the passenger side door is open. And the crack and pop and "try" to work when i'm driving down the road. Please help, its really boring driving down the road with out any music

Paul Dyson
Unregistered guest
I have an alpine 7982r 3 disk in dash cd changer and i have just installed a punch 200a amp. When the unit is doing anything like changing cd and skipping tracks it makes horrible bassy noises which are very loud. Seems to be the actual output from the RCA's. Anyone Help?

noam
Unregistered guest
I have a rockford-fosgate CD/MP3 head unit, cerwin-vega front speakers, 6x9 vdodayton rear speakers, all connected through an audisson VR404 amp. The strange thing is that the rear left speaker will occasionaly begin to crackle, but only on low volume - turn the volume up and the speaker opens up, bring it down again, and at some point it would revert to crackling. replacing the rear speakers did not help, and the lab said the amp is in perfect condition - any suggestions?

Unregistered guest
ive recently brought a panasonic deck and front speakers, the speakers are 150 watts. when i turn the music up they crackle loudly. the old speakers were about 30 watts and ive been told that the cable that was there is only 2.5mill and aint big enough to pull the current needed. any help would be appreciated

Anonymous

its prolly that panasonic radio they aren't very good at all. I have about the same size speaker wires in my truck and no problems. And most other people hook up to those and not have any problems

Unregistered guest
if i use normal electrical wire instead of speaker cable will the sound be affected.

Anonymous

I have a Pioneer DEH-1550 that i installed and was working fine. When i tried to hook up my sub woofer i used the same ground as the head unit instead of just running it to the chasis. Then it was working with the sub but as soon as i satrted the car it would blow a fuse in the fuse box of the car in a matter of seconds. Now all i get is a low crackling out of the head unit it is just low bass of the song but crackle instead please help!!!

siehead
Unregistered guest
How can I tell if my speakers are blown out? I have JL 650XR's and it sounds fine until I get to a really high volume, upon then I hear rumbling sounds. Is is possible that they are blown out, or would I notice that at normal volume as well? I just got an audiobahn amp installed and they told me that if I don't get a sub that I will blow out my speakers eventually. I am not an audiophile of any sorts so please don't be too technical with your reply. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Anonymous

LED ZEPPELIN ROCKS!!!

Bronze Member

Dallas, Texas USA

Post Number: 79
Zepplin's cool but I'm kinda partial to Coltrane myself.

That's John Coltrane for the kiddies...

Adam B.
Unregistered guest
Hey siehead,

your speakers can't be blown out because if they were you would have that sounds all the time. when is most likely happening is you are sending too much power to the speakers, i suggest that you get higher watt speakers

Username: Audiophile

OFallon, MO USA

Post Number: 10
/quote{I am not an audiophile}

Hehe. *points at username*

Username: Bird26

I have a pioneer radio/cd player installed in my car and they were working great for the past year. I had new speakers installed a week ago and now I hear this popping noise in the radio only and my stored stations on the radio gets erased when I turn the unit off. What is making the popping noise and why is the stations I store in memory being erased?

FIRE BAD
Unregistered guest
go back to the place that installed the speakers and kick them in the nuts! They've hooked somthing up wrong when installing the speakers. Do it soon before your deck stoppes working or even worse, catches yoor car on fire.....

FIRE BAD!

vh23
Unregistered guest
I have a 95 Toyota corolla and am having problems with the speakers. Whenever I increase the volume of the radio beyond a certain point, the speakers pop. The head unit is factory and I don't know what the power output is. The rear speakers were factory as well, but they were deteriorating so I replaced them with Rockford Fosgate FRC-4306. The old speakers popped as well and I thought that replacing them would fix the problem. The speakers pop sometimes when I turn the car off with the radio on, when I turn my head lights on, or I use the windshield washer (but they don't pop when I turn the wipers on). It sounds like there's a problem with the car's electrical system but I wanted other people's opinions. Thanks!

Bronze Member

OFallon, MO USA

Post Number: 81
Hey Bird. As for your presets being erased, it sounds like the internal capacitors of the headunit aren't storing power. As for the popping noise-does it come directly from the HU or is it from the speakers?

Xover
Unregistered guest
Yo, my car audio is starting to sound very hissy and a lack of body,
have 200watt pioneers amp running 100watt 6x9'sand factory fronts and a 300watt 12inch jlaudio sub run by a 500/1 jlaudio amp. my 6x9s have started to sound very quiet, when i increase the volume, the volume only gets slightly louder and distorts. i'm running the ground from jl and pion amp into the same ground fitting, is that cool, any reasons why im losing volume. getting 12v+ from live wires. ive rewired and reaerth the amps.

Bronze Member

Dallas, Texas USA

Post Number: 99
Xover, sounds like your 6x9s are shot. What you describe is typical.. put a high-pass crossover on them when you replace the speakers to prevent it from happening again. Your Pioneer amp may have a crossover built in, use it if so.

Unregistered guest
I have installed a new Pioneer CD/Receiver and 4 new speakers in my truck. I get a faint buzzing noise which increases as I accelerate in my truck. Is this a problem with the negative and postive on the speakers or is it a condensor problem with my distributor? It's EFI so there are no points. It's a Ford and I have no reference for the wiring color scheme. Thanks in advance

Bronze Member

OFallon, MO USA

Post Number: 86
Wow, I haven't been here in a LONG time.

Bike22, sounds like your power and your RCA wires are ran next to eachother, or your RCA is too close to something else.

Unregistered guest
whats up? I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I'm having with some new audiobahn 3 way speakers. My rear driver side speaker has a little rattle. It sounds internal. At first i thought it was the speaker shelf because i had to build an adapter bracket but some caulk around the bracket fixed alot of the rattle. Some rattling persisted from the rear right speaker and when i took it out of the shelf i heard to coming from the speaker itself. There is absolutley no rattle from the left rear speaker. If anyone has an answer please email me asap at mannymel18@hotmail.com I'm hopin it ain't blown even though i doubt it is. Thanks

Anonymous

I have two polk momo 12 inch subs hooked up to a 1200 watt amp they really kick but my problem is my other speakers i had stock one then i replaced them with some 6 by 8 alpines which were considered really nice by reviews but when i crank them up the speakers cant even handle the volume so they distort now maybe they can and maybe there is a why to fix the distortion if anyone has any ideas great otherwise does anyone know of a way i can turn my front and back speakers down but have my subs the same (withouit really messing with treb and fade setting ive tryed that and i do have the amp hooked up for biggest bass). If anyone can help me thanks a ton in advance.

Username: Trickef

the factory am/fm/cd/tape in my 96 jeep cherokee works great except for the fm radio. when i start the car with the fm on it makes a lot of static noise through the speakers and the whole fm channel will go out. am and cd/tape features work fine when the fm is out. if you keep flipping back to fm it will come on clear for a while then blip out again. any ideas?

Unregistered guest
Hi, how can I avoid the sound of the engine (hissing sound) when I turn on the car audio equalizer? Need your peply. many thanks. GOD bless...

Username: Ravenwolf

I think Lare Dogg has a very good point in regards to a possible cause into the crackling speaker phenomonen. It may not be the cause of everyones problem, but grounding is the first thing that I would check if you are having this experience and have an amp installed in your vehicle. Be sure that the ground wire leading from your amp is gauged as thick as the power wire leading to your amp, also be sure that you get a piece of sandpaper and sand the metal around the area where the grounding connection on your vehicle is going to take place for your amp so9 that bare metal shows. Also, be sure that the bolt or screw that you will use isn't coated in anyway. Grounding is as important as the power supply and if you cannot get enough ground to compensate for the power you may get a cutout or crackling result out of your speakers. Again this may not be the situation for everyone, but it solved the same issue I was having with my installation.

Unregistered guest
Hi. Can't believe how informed everyone is here. Basically, I'm a newbie. New driver at that, too. And I've just ordered my first pair of speakers. I'm totally stoked. But I guess my main concern is that even with my stock head unit/speakers...I hear a rattle. It seems to be in both my doors, and near the trunk when I listen to music at high volumes. I assume when I will have a more powerful system, this will be certainly more prominent.

Can anyone give me some advice on how to cure this problem? Anything I can do when I go to get my speakers installed to help?

Thanks very much for all help received.

And dude, I totally dig Coltrane, (as someone mentioned earlier) and I'm 17. I will listen to anything good. Janis, Doors, Marley, anything good....Doesn't matter what time period it was put out!

Bronze Member

OFallon, MO USA

Post Number: 91
Trevor, your problem sounds like your speakers aren't fastened down tightly enough. Check the screws/bolts that hold your speakers in place. My other suggestion is to invest into some Dynamat. It's basically stick on aluminum reinforcement. The stuff works wonders ^_^

(I haven't been here in forever, so "HI!" to all of you who remember me.)

Trevor16
Unregistered guest
Thanks. Really appreciate the information.

Trevor_Please HELP
Unregistered guest
HELP!!! Ok, I have a Clarion H/U, MB Quart component front speakers, MB Quart rear 6x9's and one MB Quart 10 inch sub. Before the sub I had all the speakers running through a 4 channel clarion amp. Worked fine. Now I have the amp powering the rear speakers and the sub, and the H/U powering the front speakers. When the volume gets turned up my front speakers crackle and pop. I know they can handle the power fine, they worked before. They even do this when I disconnect the sub. Do I have a bad H/U? Please help!

DamnCrackhead
Unregistered guest
You should have the amp hooked to the front speakers and the radio hooked to the rear speakers or just get rid of the rear speakers period. Your speakers are doing that because they aren't getting enough power or they are blown. They way you have your system hooked up is has got to sound like sh!t. You want your mids and highs with you in the front and the bass from the back. NOT all the sound from the back.

Bronze Member

OFallon, MO USA

Post Number: 92
Cracker is right...I hate it when people have good upper end aftermarket speakers in the rear, good subs, good head unit, and then leave their stock front(s) there. All you get is bass and "mud" as I call it.

SCOTTMAN
Unregistered guest
Need Help, I have a 1994 Chevy Lumina Euro Sport 4 door Car Maroon in color.I will be getting a new car stereo Panasonic CQ-C9800U according to www.panasonic.com its a Preformance Digital 70x4 Watts Peak and 60x4 Watts RMS.It converts Analog Radio and CD signals to Digital.uses radio DSP processing as well as digital amplification for digital prossing of radio and CD signals. Preamp Voltage 5 Volts Signal-to-noise ratio 96dB Frequency Response 20-20,000KHz Fm Sensitivity 10.2dBf Sound Shaping Type SQ9.I sill have my Factory Speakers in the car and would like to Replace them.My front speakers are 4x6 and the rear speakers are 6x9.What type of speakers should i get to power my 70x4Peak 60x4RMS unit RMS wise,Peak Power wise Frequency wise and Digital or Analog wise.I was looking at the digital speakers DAK692 for 6x9 and digital speakers DAK462 for 4x6 on www.affordable-caraudio.com/digitalaudio.SHould both front and back speakers be 60Watts RMS Power 120Watts Peak Power and should i get 2 way 3 way or 4 way speakers I'm very confused please help me Thank you Very Much.

Bronze Member

OFallon, MO USA

Post Number: 93
*looks at SCOTTMAN*

Abuhhhhhh....ABUHHHHHHHHH...O_o

Ok enough with the antics. Through that mess of jumbled sentences I managed to compile a few questions.

You will want the RMS power of your speakers to be as close to the RMS power of your headunit as possible, while the max power rating on the speakers should be slightly higher, as to not blow them.

2 way speakers mostly use a midrange and a woofer. 3 Way speakers usually add a tweeter, where as 4 way will have a woofer, a midrange, a tweeter and usually a super tweeter, although some opt for a second tweeter.

Hopefully this helps.

Unregistered guest
im 16 years old so i have no experience in fixing cars. i have a problem with my rear speakers. They are working but i all hear is the sound of the bass, i cant her the words of the vocalist and that makes me mad. they are origninal BMW speakers please help me.

Username: Gigi

Columbus, Indiana

I bought a 95 Jeep Cherokee almost a year ago. It came with a Pioneer CD player. I had 2 12" Rockford Subs put in with an Alpine amp. It has worked fine for 4 months but ever since i had new tires put on. The second i pulled away after they took it off the lift it has been making this high pitch static noise with the balance on 0. If i balance it all the way to the left it doesn't do it. If i put it all the way to the front it doesn't do it. I had new JL's put in the front doors (the factory ones sucked) although i had a bit of hope it would stop...it didn't. The audio store is baffled..said they think it "could be" my stereo. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!!! = )

Unregistered guest
New here and totally clueless...I have a piece of sh*t 95 dodge neon. My factory radio went out and so I bought a cheap cd player and installed it myself. It worked on the first try. I don't have any extra stuff, just what came with the car. Well... it worked for about a week and then one day I went to the store and came back out and it was dead. I disconnected all the wires and started over again. CD player came on but no sound from speakers. Although when I turn it up to max volume I hear faint crackling noise but only from right front speaker. I didn't have tape on spliced wires the second time while I was trying to fix it and when some wires touched, I heard sound but only from right front speaker. When the green and purple pairs touched there was sound. Also... I have gone through about 10 or so fuses both from side panel and fuse box under my hood. I bought new pig tails last night thinking that might help but I'm having the same problem. Player comes on and seems like it's running fine. But still no sound from any speakers. I tried putting my old radio back in and it worked perfectly for about a minute with perfect speaker sound but went dead. That radio is pretty much history. So why am I not getting sound from the cd player? It worked perfectly when I first installed it only a week ago. ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Radio Noiz
Unregistered guest
Our car apparently has alternator whine - it whines away every time you accelerate (didn't do that the first year we had it....). And it's driving us nuts..... Is there any simple fix for this that could be done by us non electronics experts??? Or perhaps a few simple things I could try before taking it to get serviced. Thanks for any help!!!!

Bronze Member

Dallas, Texas USA

Post Number: 100
Oskar, are you certain your 'rear speakers' aren't subwoofers? You may have blown your rear speakers and all you have left are subs. Quite a few BMW's come with factory subwoofer(s)...

Gigi: Sounds a lot like a bad head unit (stereo.)

ShadyLady: If you've gone through that many fuses it's either not wired in right or the device is bad.

RadioNoiz: That noise doesn't often just magically appear. It's usually either caused by improper wire routing or inferior quality cable. If I assume that you have changed NOTHING with the stereo system and the noise just appeared, I'd bet that you just had a tuneup done which included new sparkplug wires. They used cheap sparkplug wires, get GOOD wires or get used to the whine. If this isn't the case, give us more info (what all changed between sounding good and hearing whine) and we'll see what we can figure out.

Username: Gigi

Columbus, Indiana

Nothing has changed except i had some tires put on. I litterally pulled it into the bay to have the tires put on ...it sounded awesome! They pulled it out when they got done. As i pulled away i turned up my tunes and had this annoying noise!!! =(

jenniferlynn
Unregistered guest
I have a 2001 Camaro and my rear side panel speakers were making a low stactic noise. They were not playing any music either. I thought maybe the speakers were blown, but I bought a new pair of Pioneer speakers and they do the same thing. HELP, PLEASE!!!!

Chad Stephens
Unregistered guest
I'm driving a 1989 S-10 POS Blazer. Up until the past couple of days I've been using an even-worse-than-factory Pyramid cassette deck that I got for $20 at a dollar store lol. My stepbro gave me the CD player he had been using until recently, a Kenwood. Now, after hooking everything up, if I turn the volume to a level that is able-to-be-heard over the engine and general old-truck rattling noises, I get a combination of a crackling sound and something similar to a record scratching, it almost sounds like i'm listening to a really bad DJ attempt to remix a song.

I haven't checked my ground wire yet, but this happens regardless of whether the engine is on or off. It's not noticible at lower volume settings. I thought that maybe it was the speakers [still using factory] but I purchased a brand new set and they do the exact same thing. Also, if I use the fade settings to shift to what would ONLY be the rear speakers, rather than getting no sound from the front speakers I get the high pitched sound even louder than it was pre-fade.

Please don't tell me I'm going to have to go buy another radio.

Username: Dex

i have just added a sub and an amp to my system and connected my rear speakers to the amp (front connected straight to the stereo wires) and now whenever i start playing CDs the sound of spinning CDs (or ejecting and loading it) is played through my rear speakers and the sub. The noise remains even when I disconnect the RCAs from both the stereo and the amp.
What could be the problem and how to stop this?

yazan
Unregistered guest
Hi,I have Kenwood TAPE and it was fine but I got accedant sO I change the Speakers but now when I press the gas pedal I hear the car voice it's like engine voice but it's from speakrs I went to my electron boy he change some lines but the sound still...how I can crash ths bad sound plz help :-( .....

Unregistered guest
I have this cd player in my 98 z24 for 3 months now everything worked great on it, but yesterday all of a sudden I smelled a burn type odor in the car when I turn the radio on with the car off after I shut off the radio I started hearing a continuous popping noise from all speakers and the radio seemed on even with no key in the ignition, I turn the radio on all works fine, shut it off and the noise returns, cant figure it out, also when the radio is off and the noise is present if I hit the eject botton on the radio the noise goes away, comes back after the disk is ejected, it seemms as if the radio stays on after you shut it off.

capper
Unregistered guest
i got me some pioneers and the wattage is fine and all...the prblm seems to be when i press on the gas pedal the crackling in the 2 8x9 in the back start...and sometimes when i drive it works fine and no crackling...so i'm usually just coasting whereever i go(lol)
any statements er suggestions?

Username: Dex

yazan & capper read here:

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/S-Qs3Gx8sxbHp/learningcenter/car/noise.html

there are some more links on the right side of the page

Anyone knows about my problem?
There is nothing on crutchfield website about that. :-(
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help