Speaker Replacement for 2001 Tahoe w/ Subwoofer

Username: Lawoodii

Post Number: 2
I have a stock chevy 2001 tahoe with onstar and built in subwoofer, what sizes and kinds of speakers should I get

Bronze Member
Username: Tbone

Post Number: 70
Do you want a total aftermarket system, or are you planning on keeping what components from the factory?

Post Number: 5
Im putting in 2 infinity kappa 12's with a jbl 600.1 and was gonna do a new alpine mp3 head unit was wondering about the speakers in doors if its cost economical to swap them out or if stock were pretty good

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
Since you are going to the expense of replacing the factory sub, amp, and headunit, go ahead and replace the front speakers with a good aftermarket component set, which include the midbass, tweeter, and passive crossovers, and you could go with a good coaxials in the rear. Since you have infinity subs, I would replace the front speakers with infinity kappa components, and the rears with infiniry coaxials. Those twelves are gonna pound running off of that JBL, so I would plan on running the front and rear speakers off the headunit, but save and purchase a jbl four channel amp (25/50 watts x 4) later on down the road. With no speakers running off the Headunit, you could adjust the system, with the amps gains, to not distort when ran hard.

Post Number: 6
where would I go to find out the sizes of the components and coaxials I should get, and should I purchase them online is there an affordable site I didnt find many that carry infinity (I initially purchased infinity cause I have a set of studio monitors in the house from infinity and I love the sound)

Bronze Member

OK United States

Post Number: 82
Yeah, they are what I used. Hit a deer last night, vehicle is toast. Try crutchfield, but I usually buy from an independant Audio shop, that deals with me, knowing that I will continue to purchase from them in the future.

Bronze Member

OK United States

Post Number: 83
Also, look in the scratch and dent section, sometimes can find closeouts on last years models that are not "scratched and dented", they just want to move them. Oh Yeah, buy a set "Bass blockers" for the rear coaxials, with the two twelves, you will need them for rear fill only, and will not need them to reproduce the lower frequencies.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us