Clifford alarm problems....

Username: Ry_guy

Post Number: 1
Hey, I recently got a 1995 camaro with a clifford alarm in it. It was used so I dont have any paperwork or anything on it. I don't know the model number with it or anything except that the remote has 2 buttons with the I and II symbols on them. I hear that its a G3 type alarm. I recently noticed how the alarm doesnt work and that the alarm light is solid red instead of blinking. After research, i think it somehow got into Valet Mode. I just want to know how I can get out of Valet mode...if anyone knows how can they help me out? Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Username: Kaisho

I have a clifford alarm system (dont know make or model) with 5 button remote (4 on the front, 1 on the side). My problem is that I can only start my car with the remote starter button. If I try and use the key to start the car nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Username: Paradroid

Post Number: 8
Valet mode is probably :

To enable valet mode
1. Turn the ignition switch to its "ON" position or start the engine.
2. Enter your secret valet code on the PlainView switch.
3. You now have 5 seconds to press the latched position to enter valet mode. The
system's LED will glow continually for on-going visual confirmation of valet mode.
To exit valet mode
1. Turn the ignition switch to its "ON" position or start the engine.
2. Flick the switch back to its centre position. The LED will turn off to confirm that the
system is now in its normal operating mode.

G3 could be one of 3 alarms I think.
According to the clifford site the G5 range consists of :

Arrow 5
Avantguard 5
Solaris 5

Download the user guides for the G3 series here:

http://www.clifford.com/guides/other.asp

Unregistered guest
hello everyone i have a clifford sabre 2 and it came in my car , my car use to have centural locking untill the alarm was installed they ditched the centural lock module and just wired the drivers side door ? is there any way i can use the acessory "wire" or "button" to unlock the other 3 doors ?

Justin17236
Unregistered guest
I bought a used car and it has a clifford alarm system in it. I have to get a new romote for it because it hasn't been working. I tried changing the battery to find that where the battery was supposed to be sodered on it was not anymore. I can't figure out what model alarm I have and it has been very difficult to find it. I have the remote but there is no sign of model number on it. The remote has 3 buttons, 1 big on top and 2 smaller ones just below it. Please help me out.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Germany

Post Number: 800
justin, your best bet is to go talk to a clifford dealer, or look at the clifford site. Go thru the manuals and compare the remotes. That 3 button you are talking about wasn't used in any of the alarms I have had, so it shouldn't be on to many of the clifford alarms.

Tim Bauer
Unregistered guest
I bought a used 1993 Toyota, Tercel. It has a Clifford car alarm it does not work. The remote has two buttons on it. I don't known what model it is or how to operate it. How do I operate and trouble shoot it. The alarm lite doesn't work but it is recieving power. Which I have verified with a volt meter.

Username: Crabby

Hi I am in trouble ,I bought my daughter a fiat punto (1997 60s) with a clifford arrow 3 alarm fitted , but it would not work, I found that the unit has been diconnected in the fuse box,has anyone got any idea how its meant to be wired?

Anonymous

i love how everyone jacks the OP's thread to ask their question.:-)

Silver Member

Germany

Post Number: 822
"diconnected in the fuse box" doesn't sound like it was wired right in the begining to me.

Honestly I wouldn't hook it up, till you had a clifford dealer or installer check to make sure it was done corectly, and fix any other problems. The fact they wired t to the fuse block, and not directly to the battery tells me the installer didn't know what he was doing. So there are probably lots of other wires installed incorectly.

Unregistered guest
I bought a new vehicle with Clifford Arrow 5 system and the alarm keeps on going off even when ther is nothing around the vehicle. I carried it to the dealer and told them of the problem, they said that the code was erased and could not say how that happened. They "repaired" the problem but it has now been two days since the remote was fixed and the problem stil persists. Ithink that i have a defective system. What advice can you give me.

Unregistered guest
I bought a new vehicle with Clifford Arrow 5 system and the alarm keeps on going off even when ther is nothing around the vehicle. I carried it to the dealer and told them of the problem, they said that the code was erased and could not say how that happened. They "repaired" the problem but it has now been two days since the remote was fixed and the problem stil persists. Ithink that i have a defective system. What advice can you give me.

Username: Crabby

Post Number: 2
I would have thought your spurious alarm sounding could be the vibration switch set to sensitive. the manual says it should be mounted somewhere accessible so it can be adjusted. mine is on the steering column by fuse box. you can get a cct diagram if you search the message board.

Anonymous

HELP!

Bought a used toyota w/clifford matrix 3.5 alarm that now aint working. I guess it's the remote or antenna because the remote just beeps and shows an antenna on the screen but nothing works. So now I can't unlck my doors or start my car because the stock toyota alarm interferes and activates the kill switch. And when I do open the doors manualy the clifford alarm goes off and the only way to turn it off is to disconnect the battery. Can I disconnect the clifford alarm?? oh yea, the original owner lost the toyota remote too.

Silver Member

Germany

Post Number: 823
Anonymous, look up the manual on the clifford web site, and find ou how to put the alarmin valet mode. That should cure your problem for now. Other than that, your going to need to take it in.

Unregistered guest
Since my last post i have carried the car back to the dealer who siad that they have reduced the sensitivity and changed the sensors. This did not help ans the next day the alarm went off like clock work. I have started to test my theory that it is the heat of the day tripping off the alarm. I have observed that on a rainy day when it is cooler the alarm does not go off and when i left two of the windows a little down the alarm did not go off. would any one know if there is any merit to the Heat theory. or am i to make another trip to the dealer?

Username: Zoomx3

WA

I recently bought a Mazda MX-5 with a Clifford Intelliguard 8000 alarm system. I've finally figured out how to re-set all but one feature on it. That feature is the chirps when the car is armed/disarmed. They worked b/4 and now they don't. Somehow, I've set it to silent arm/disarm and can't change it. Once I access the alarm system, it has 3 settings for the chirps; off/loud/quiet. I've tried changing to loud or quiet and even though the system acknowledges that it's on either loud or quiet, when I exit it to check it, it's still off. I've even set everything back to the factory settings and re-programmed the remotes. This is getting to be terribly frustrating although not quite as bad as other postings that I've read. Please help~

Username: Catalin

Surrey, BC Canada

Josi99 is the red LED light on all the time?? If it is then it's in valet mode and that's why it's not chirping when you arm/disarm.

Surrey, BC Canada

PatriciaJ, the Clifford product has a feature called total recall. If you read up on it in your manual it will tell you how to use it. Basically it's designed to help troubleshoot false alarms. After the ignition is turned on, after a false alarm, the LED should flash a code. This code will identify the last sensor that triggered the alarm. This way the offending sensor can be idetified and repaired.

I haven't worked with Clifford for a few years BUT I'm sure they still use this feature. Also the Arrow 5 most likely came with a proximity sensor which is probably the one to blame.

Good luck

WA

Thanks for the quick response, Catalin. The LED light is not on. It's not in valet mode.

Bronze Member

Surrey, BC Canada

Post Number: 21
Then there must be something wrong with the alarm output, wiring to the siren OR most likely water has made it into the siren and that's what's causing your problem.

Unregistered guest
I own the Clifford Matrix RS 3.5 in my Honda Civic. I left my lights on in my car the other day and the battery died. After I jumped my car and fully charged the battery, I noticed that my whole system (keyless, remote start and security) no longer works. Do I have to reprogram the remote now? If so, how? (the instructions to do this are very confusing)

Bronze Member

Surrey, BC Canada

Post Number: 33
Is the red LED light on the dash lit up constantly? If so then it's in valet mode.. The best way to jump start a vehicle with a security system is to keep the key in the run position before you connect a working battery to the vehicle.

Herbito
Unregistered guest
The red LED light is not lit up at all. When I did jump start my car, I used one of those batter pack things and not another car. Don't know if that makes a difference or not. I know the system works because I tried reprogramming it once and I got the alarm to chirp at me, but I couldn't get the remote and the system to work together.

Silver Member

Germany

Post Number: 834
Herb, it won't matter if it was a car or a charger. If you poped a fuse, you poped a fuse. I would go thru and check all the fuses. My clifford has multiple fuses (diffrent outputs) so you might have popped one, and it only cut part of the functions.

Other than that, I would take it to a dealer. Since the unit is that new, it should be under waranty. Unless you installed it yourself.

WA

Post Number: 3
Is there any way that I can fix this problem myself? Since I'm not the original owner, no one seems to want to help me unless I pay them. If that's the case, I will. I was just hoping that I could solve the problem myself. It chirped for arming/disarming b/4 and it still chirps when I go into the system. I only drive it on nice days. Could it have gotten wet from washing the car? And if so, would it not chirp at all?

Unregistered guest
i have a clifford scolaris 5 alarm for my car. i have lost one of the fobs and need to order a new one. i also need to reprogramme the old one so that the lost fob no longer works for my car. any advice as to where i can order the fob and how to reprogramme them so the lost one does not activate the alarm.

Unregistered guest
i have a clifford alarm, not sure wot model!! my key fob isn't working which won' let me turn off the alarm which in turn deos not allow me to start the car!! i have a 2 way switch inside the car that enables me to turn the alarm on and off i no how to turn it on but hyave no clue how to turn off! its 2 clicks back then 1 forward 2 turn the alarm on can ne1 tell me wot the code is to turn the alarm off? thanx

Unregistered guest
hi ive just got a car it has a clifford alarm on but no key remote. how do i find what alarm it is thier are two numbers on the alarm 60482 039774

help please

WA

Post Number: 4
Hey Catalin, my arm/disarm chirping problem is solved. Turns out that my car battery was low on juice. I didn't drive my car for a while because of bad weather. The battery then died on me. Once recharged, the arm/disarm chirps now work! What a relief! :-)

frustrated
Unregistered guest
Anyone know as where one would send the remote (circuit boards) back to for repairs in Canada? Both of mine do not work, the top button of my five button clifford remote appears to be warped. thank you

AirBoss400
Unregistered guest
Have a 2004 Colorado 4x4 with a "PrimeLevel one".
Unit is setting passlock codes.
Thaks for any help.

Unregistered guest
I owne a 1982 car with a Clifford Model # 8 auto alarm system. I've owned the car for 3 years and have the operating instructions and the dash pad has 12 buttons with the Hold button on the lower left and the Hood button on the lower right. In the past I have kept it on the hold function and both lights have been on amber and red L.E.D. I was clearing off the dash with a dry towel yesterday and noticed that both lights were out so I tried to reset the alarm but the lights will not come back on. The car starts and it appears that the system will not come back on. Do you think the number pad has gone bad? I store the car in the garage out of the weather what should do?

Desperate 4 help! :-)
Unregistered guest
Hi, i have an arrow 5 alarm already fitted on my car and i was wondering if Smart Windows II & intellistart 4 are both compatible with my alarm. Any help would be great, also, is there anywhere online that i can access wiring diagrams for all the above?
Thanks.

Unregistered guest
Hi, i've got a clifford conept 600 and the Blue clifford light has stopped working?! any ideas?!! Cheers

begtets@hotmail.co.uk

sexypants
Unregistered guest
hi my partner has a clifford alarm on his and most of his friends.
recently we have noticed that were we live there is problems with the alarm it dont seem to work in our road u have to get so close to the car that your nose nearly touches it.
it not just his car either other friends of his have had the same problem when they have came round ours.
can anyone give me any suggestions or point me in the direction of a number or address for clifford headquarters.(im in the uk so it will have to be a uk number or address)

Unregistered guest
I have a 2001 Ford Super Crew p/u truck that has a clifford alarm professionaly installed,recently it has started to go off as I'm driving down the road for no reason and quits on it's own after a few cycles,any ideas on what might be wrong?

Username: Sai21

i have 2001 jetta 1.8t and i recently had my cliffords installed and a few days later my dash lights and my rear taillights dont turn on, it blows the fuse, the place where i got it done said everything is good with the alarm. any idea what could be wrong?

Username: Steen

hi everyone,
i was wandering if someone can help me with a clifford arrow 3 being installed in a cavalier.

the problem is simple to describe,

when connected to the battery(via correct fuses etc,) the indicators/parking lights all come on,and stay on,

seemingly, nothing turns them off, and i can arm/disarm or indeed,,,do anything.

sound familiar to anyone?

please help,
thanks.

Username: Rfjones

I have a clifford arrow 5. One click toggles the lock/unlock state. the trick is getting one push; frequently trying to open the door with one click togglers the state thorugh several cycles; very irritating.
How to change to one click to open and two click to lock/arm system?
My dealer is out of business
TIA
rfjones

Username: Vmaxster

Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Hi Guys,
My daughter has a 91 Celica with a Clifford 400 LE security system in it. My son was the previous owner and has lost the manual. I recently changed the alternator and since then the alarm does not chirp when it is set and it is always auto arming after about 15 seconds. Can anyone tell me how to get it to chirp and also how to turn off the auto arm. If you can tell me where there is an online manual I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Username: Volkswagen

Hi all, i have recently bought a 2001 VW POLO Sport with a clifford alarm - same problem to many as in no manual with the sale.. no idea which model - 4 buttons and a clifford button below them???? please help!!!

Username: Steviejay

hi,
I have a concept 300. I had a problem starting my car recently. As i was trying to 'turn it over' the ignition and starter were isolated by the alarm. Now i cant un-immobilise them. I have checked every fuse and wire for power and they are ok. Is there any way to reset the immobiliser?

thanks

steve

Username: Bmw318i

hmm...i have a bmw318i with a clifford alarm system. after coming home from work i washed my clothes along with the clicker... is it possible to dry out the 'mother-board' of the clicker, or am i pretty much screwed?

Username: Dma

Lakewood, Washington United States

My battery died in my 95 Honda Civic and now the Clifford Alarm System isn't working. It used to be on auto alarm but now it doesn't work at all. I dont know the model of the alarm and I don't have the hand book. Anybody know what I should do?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us