Stock Alternator running 2 AMPS???

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 745
so my stock alternator is 80A and i will be running 2 amplifiers. A jl 500/1 for my avalanche 15 and then a ppi art 300.2 for my componant setup front that will be 300watts total. In place of a capacitor i will be using a batcap model 800 stereo battery which is a cap/battery in one. For wires i will be going 4 gauge. The fuse on the 500/1 i think is like 50A and the ppi art is 30A. You think i will be ok with my stock Alternator for now?

Silver Member

Post Number: 750
?

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 290
the jl alone will kill it if u have ur lights on .. get bigger alternator

Nick_sq
Unregistered guest
marks right...a bigger altenator usualally is not a big deal. You can ususally take the altenator to an electric motor shop and have it rewound to put out more amperage. My car stock runs 100A altenator...not nearly enough for my old 1000/1 and alpine 4 channel. I currently have a 160A denso altenator with orion 2500D and I sold my type X 12's and i may go with some h2's and i still suffer from voltage lag.

Silver Member

Post Number: 766
If thats the case then ill see how it turns out and then upgrade to a HO alternator down the road. Probably just go with 200A to have some headroom.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us