Wiring through firewall

Unregistered guest
I have a VW POLO Mk4 (6N) and wish to power an amp but cannot find a suitable passage through the firewall to the battery. There is a hole where i have removed the rubber gromit but behind it is insulation.
Am i suposed to cut through this insulation?

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 286
it depends on whether there is anything important behind the insulation. you'll need to find a spot away from the fuse box and computer and that is clear on both sides of the firewall, and drill you a hole, file the edges and put a rubber gromet in to protect the wires.

DESTA
Unregistered guest
thanks..but is it ok to cut through d insulation. n wat should i use, a nife or jus drill through it.

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 290
its ok as long as theres nothing important behind it. just use a razor blade to get the insulation cut away, if theres metal behind the insulation, check the other side for clearance and just use a drill with the proper size bit for your wire and make you a hole. remember to line the hole with a rubber gromet or something simular to keep from cutting into your wires.

Anonymous

I want to install a cb radio PA speaker underneath my hood, but i dont know how to wire the speaker wire through the firewall. Someone please help me. this is for my father for fathers day.

Silver Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 301
You have to find a hole in the firewall or make a hole. Then you just run the plug and wire into the car and plung it to the cb.

ksullivan
Unregistered guest
I'm trying to find out where the radio antenna lead enters the inside of a 2001 Tahoe from the outside through the firewall. Are there any schematics out there to help me?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us