Hook up batterys???

Bronze Member
Username: Bginamercedes

Post Number: 19
how would i hook up two batterys on my car??? one for the car and one up to the Atl, and amp?????

Bronze Member
Username: Marines

Post Number: 11
do u want them both under the hood or would u mind having one in the trunk or is ur space limited in the trunk?

Bronze Member
Username: Kojak28

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 66
First off, You gotta have a hi output alt. If ya' don't try 4alterstart.com. I had a buddy once that wired his in the trunk. You have to run power to the batt(s) from the alt- and if u do decide to wire it for the trunk, make damn sure u have a sufficient GROUND. Also you need some sort of battery box-cheap rednck way: use a couple of 2x4's(underneath). You must secure them/it, tho'. Run 1 battery(cranking) by ITSELF. Run the other somewhere else(trunk mebbe)....U want all ur system equip to run off the one in the trunk. Coo'?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7487
you'll need a battery isolator, which connects to the starter battery and runs to the dedicated acessory battery in the back of the car.
if you use more than one battery for the audio system, wire them in parallel connecting the Isolator output to the first of the bank of batteries.
you'll want to consider a high output alternator as mentioned above to handle the increased recharging demands of the additional batteries as well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us