Any car audio guro's out ther...help me out!!!!!

Username: Blumina9720

Udliketoknow, Illinois USA

Post Number: 1
I want to hook my siystem up to a spare car battery...I was wondering how I could do this....I need detailed instructions.......please help!!

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 870
The battery's gonna just be sitting in the trunk right?

Username: Blumina9720

Udliketoknow, Illinois USA

Post Number: 2
ya and I want to hook all my stuff up to it....

dvs
Unregistered guest
Here are the steps:

1 -- buy a sealed-unit battery, one that can be used for in-trunk applications. (you don't want acid sloshing around in your trunk)

2 -- Mount it properly! There are in-trunk mounting kits available (with wires), or you can do it yourself if you're good.

3 -- Wire the ground cable. Using at lease 4gauge cable (preferably 2gauge) run a ground wire from the negative terminal on the battery (black) to the chassis (grind the paint off around the area and use a good connector).

4. -- Wire the power cable. Using at lease 4gauge cable (preferably 2gauge) run the power cable from the positive terminal (+) on the trunk battery (red) to the positive terminal on the front battery. You can find battery post connectors (for connecting the various wires to the battery posts) at auto parts stores or at most places that sell car audio install stuff.

With this configuration, you'll be doing pretty much the equivalent of doubling the capacity of your battery. I'm not an engineer, so do this at your own risk. Also, you can look here: http://knightregistries.com/content/view/49/45/

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us