CD/MP3 Player Installation in Honda Accord 99

Username: Paaji

Post Number: 1
I have honda accord 99. It alrady have tape player and cd player together. but i bought new CD/Mp3 player which i want to install.
The question i have how i join the wires for ignition, constant, and Ground.
Cause if i unplug the old cd player that has it own wires that goes into tape player. How would i connect the wires for new cd/mp3 player to tape player or directly to wires that is coming from battery to tape player.

I can put tape and cd/mp3 player on same wires to get power and same for speakers. but my question is if i accidently turn on both of devices what will happen cause they are sharing the power and speakers.

OR let me other way of connecting cd/mp3 player with tape player
I want to keep tape player with cd/mp3 player if possible

Also old cd player has its own harness that goes to tape player it is not like rca out
thanks

Silver Member
Username: Ps1k0

Post Number: 163
do you use the tape player?

if not, just get a wiring harness and replace the factory radio with the new one and forget the tape player.

if you do use it,

you can add a toggle switch, (can't remember what it's called, will check tomorrow at work) it's the kind that has 3 positions. on, off, on.
you'll have to wire the switched wires from each radio to the switch so you can select which radio you want to use. you can just splice in the constant, ground, remote and speaker wires.

that should set you up good.

Anonymous

May Honda 2000 CD player kept jumping tracks, I want to replace it with a CD/MP3 multi functional player. I also want it to be controlled by the steering wheel buttoms. Please advise.

intotherain011
Unregistered guest
bump, me too, i have the same problem as 3rd poster, is it possible to keep the steering wheel audio controls?

Unregistered guest
Steering controls typically require an eighty dollar adapter.

Unregistered guest
Where can you get the adapter?

Username: Mydnght2u

Post Number: 1
I am not sure if this will work, but here is a great sight for Honda parts. Hopefully this will help.

http://www.secureleadercom.com/exstore/default.asp?searchBit=1&searchType=t&sear chString=radio+adapter&howSearch=AND&searchfield=inetsdesc
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us