Amp light flickers, no power

Username: The_fox

Post Number: 1
Hey i'm really stuck with my amp. It was working perfectly till i took it out, and put it back in again. Now the power light flickers on and off. I doubt it will be a problem with the battery as the car is only 2 years old, and it was working fine just 1 hour before. Any ideas? ive checked all the terminals, the earth and the remote and the problem stays. dammit 8(

Username: Jrz126

Erie, PA USA

Post Number: 2
check your speaker connections, maybe it's shorting out and going into protect mode. Also, do you have a voltmeter to check the voltage input?

saffron
Unregistered guest
Is the flickering random? with music? steady? once my ground came loose and the light would flicker seemingly random! =/ So yea definatly use a voltmeter!

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 580
Ya, just check all the wiring. Hopefully thats what it is.

Username: Kojak28

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 4
Since you took it out and right back in, After you check ALL the conns to the amp, at the amp, and around the amp...If they all check good, take the amp back where you got it. My best friend just hooked up a Bostwick 4 channel-same thing happened. He had to exchange it. They bench-tested it found a loose solder pellet inside the amp...DEFECTIVE.

Username: The_fox

Post Number: 4
i hope it ain't the amp, i'll re-check all the wires tho, but i'm pretty sure there all ok
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us