New Sony Amplifiers are SWEET

Anonymous

my friend got a sony amp to push his P3 and it sounds really good. he's only had it for a day though..

has anyone else had experience with the NEW sony amps?

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 306
No experience with sony's new stuff but all my experience with there previous modles has been bad. My advice for you would be to shop around for better stuff. I know everyone has a budet but sony tends to fail alot.

Anonymous

is power acoustik a better brand of amplifier and better risk than sony products?

Bronze Member
Username: Sublime420

Ca Us

Post Number: 59
power acoustik is not that great, but i'd take one of them over a sony anyday.

Username: Kojak28

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 1
I have had excellent service out of a Sony 480 for 3 years. I had it pusing mids and highs,then sub @ 2 ohms, then back to mids. Also just bartered a sony 1000w mono block for 2 subs. It is now torturing 4 jbl 12s.

Bronze Member
Username: Kojak28

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 17
Just fugured I would pick up where I left off. Both the 1000w and the 480 are trash. S420 you are so right. Sony sux, and will always suck. The 480 burned a transistor and the 1000 has a short that nobody can find. 4 letters:sony=sh!t

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7452
probably 1000 watts peak, not RMS for both, and I wouldn't trust either brand. power craptastic or sony.
both are very poor quality.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1628
If you think Sony amps sound great for mids and highs, then you haven't tried anything good. If you ever get a chance, purchase Zapco/Arc Audio/Orion/Xtant/US Amps/PPI's Art series, PC and PCX series and listen. It will make Sony sound like the mono radios from the 50's.
I can guarantee you that you WILL hear a difference in sound quality.
Till you try one of those amps, please do not say Sony sounds great.

marines
Unregistered guest
i have 2 sony explode 10" subs they are rated at 400 watts each and i dont know what the rms is for as they r in a sealed box and i also dont know the model of them but i looked up on the net and saw ones that looked like mine and it said 400 watts so i was woundering what amp would be necessary 4 my subs i had a clarion APA 4203 2/3/&4 channel amp and it has a burn mark on the board kinda next 2 the speaker output i dont know how many watts it had but it had a built in fan so plzzz is my clarion still salvagable? or any suggestions on what amp 2 get 4 a great price

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdrummer

Post Number: 145
"Zapco/Arc Audio/Orion/Xtant/US Amps/PPI's Art series, PC and PCX"
Isaac, do you ever get tired of typing those names OVER AND OVER AGAIN?

Username: Livinlegend

Youngsville, N.C.

Post Number: 1
i have a question. How do you judge how much power goes into each speaker when hooked to a mono amp....say for instance you have two 300 watt RMS Speakers that are 4 ohms and you put them to a amp that has power of 200x2 RMS @ 4 ohms and 400x2 RMS @ 2 ohms(both 4 ohm speakers hooked up)would the amp blow the speakers?

Silver Member
Username: Sublime420

Ca Us

Post Number: 117
no. cuz if the amp does 200x2 RMS @ 4 ohms. that means each sub gets 200 watts, and they can take 300. i think ur confused. cuz if an amp says it does 200x2@ 4 ohms, then its not a mono amp.

Username: Livinlegend

Youngsville, N.C.

Post Number: 2
i guess so. I'm just trying to figure out how mono amps work. well how about this. When you hook up a mono amp, say it is 400 watts RMS, if you hook up 2 speakers @ 200 watts RMS each, does the 400 watts get divided evenly between the two speakers you hook up to the amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Goon

Post Number: 27
yeah if the amp does 400w x 1 channel(mono, meaning "one") and there are two speakers that take 200, it will divide. it should at least.

goon

Bronze Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 58
Some people call any class D amp a mono amp. There are multi-channel class D amps out there.

marines
Unregistered guest
i have 2 sony explode 10" subs they are rated at 400 watts each and i dont know what the rms is for as they r in a sealed box and i also dont know the model of them but i looked up on the net and saw ones that looked like mine and it said 400 watts so i was woundering what amp would be necessary 4 my subs i had a clarion APA 4203 2/3/&4 channel amp and it has a burn mark on the board kinda next 2 the speaker output i dont know how many watts it had but it had a built in fan so plzzz is my clarion still salvagable? or any suggestions on what amp 2 get 4 a great price

WC
Unregistered guest
Hey I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with the sony mono amp xm-d500x

WC
Unregistered guest
Anybody?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1729
Sony's amps are as good as Pyramid! If you haven't purchased it, then DON'T. If money is a problem, then try MTX/Audiobahn's Intake series. It costs as much as Sony/Pyramid but much better product.
Sony likes to lie about their power numbers. It is NOT what they print on the amp's case.

WC
Unregistered guest
Actually, I read a good review about the xm-d500x, that is why I might buy it. Here is the site.

http://carsound.com/articles/publish/printer_299.shtml
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us