2 Minor problems, help appreciated

Bronze Member
Username: Smhuosrktays

Rochester, New York USA

Post Number: 40
Ok, I have an amp for my mids/highs and an amp for my subs. My amp for my mids/highs seems to make any speaker crackle, that I put in the rear left speaker position. Could the source of this be from the amp itself, or possibly one of the original wires in my car being f*c*ed up?
And there seems to be some kinda of whine coming from an amp(I think). It only happens when I have my headunit turned on, when its off the noise goes away.

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 309
First did you put another speaker on that output to see if the speaker was going bad? You might be right by it being a bad wire connection. Check your patch cables an the input on the amp for shortages. What kind of amp is it. that whine your hearing is in the amp if so it maybe from a built in fan. If the whine is coming through your speakers thats totally different. Just let us know and good luck.

Bronze Member

Rochester, New York USA

Post Number: 41
Yes, I have put another speaker on that output. I think the whine might be from the speakers, but Im not sure.

Username: Treeguy2oo4

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 4
un do all you speakers but that ch,tuner youre car on,give it gas, see what happens then! what dos it do? see if you got any speaker wires by or neer any other power wires,(RCA)mostly, if there to close or by the any power wires or by the two amp power wires this could be youre prouble. my-be by moveing your power wires to one side of the car,the(RCA)out puts to the other side this could be the big help youre looking for. keep the(RCA) away from any kind oy power points!!! good luck

Bronze Member

Rochester, New York USA

Post Number: 42
it doesnt happen when I press on the gas.
Im running my RCA down the opposite side from the 2ga that im running. My rear left speaker seems to be putting this really high whining sound only when the CD player is on and it crackles. Any idea as to what it could be?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us