I need help with my set up!

Username: Kino

Philippines

Post Number: 1
I have a kicker zr240 2 channel amp, I dont know where to connect it. Is it better if I put in on my rear speaker ( pioneer 3-way 330w) or front (infinity ref)? Also can I do some parallel connections?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1408
For best sound quality, you might want to power your fronts with the amp. Rears will be just fine with the power from HU. Most of the imaging is done from the front. The only time rears are useful is when you have surround sound system.
Define parallel connection. What do you mean by that? Are you trying to hook up both fronts and rears together?

Username: Kino

Philippines

Post Number: 2
Yup! wud that be possible? Coz someone told me to hook up both fronts & rears together and put it into my amp. I want to make sure if that thing wud work.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1415
Well you could do that but why would you want to? You will no longer be able to control the front and rear balance with fader. Unless you have 4 identical pair of speakers, 6x9 will sound louder and out of balance.
What you might want to do is get a 4 channel amp and do that. You could also get 2nd 2 channel amp.
If you must, then get a volume control for the rears so at least you'll be able to balance them. Loud rears will ruin your front sound imaging.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us