How should i wire these up so that they work properly? Series or Parallel

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 149
parallel

NateJ
Unregistered guest
My Friend told me to hook up one speaker to the bridged section of the amp and hook the other speaker up to the first one is this right?

NateJ
Unregistered guest
on a related note, since my amp is 2ohm steady does that mean i can only run 2ohms to it or can it be 4 ohms as well just as long as its not 1 ohm

Bronze Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 27
Parallel will put more of a load on the amp = more watts. You can run any ohms just don't go under 1ohms. The higher the ohms the less watts the amp will push.Don't hook it up bridged and then hook the other speaker up to the first one. When the amp is bridged it's using both channels as one. Hooking the other speaker up to the first one will drop the ohms down on that side more and could burn one channel out.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1184
If your amp supports tri-way, then it's possible to use it as bridged and still use channels 1 and 2. However, it'll require you to buy a non polarized capacitors for speakers on channels 1 and 2, and a coil for the sub.

NateJ
Unregistered guest
Isaac you mind explaining it in laymans terms? lol. I dont know what tri-way means. The amp is a Audiobahn A8002T. I have a cap 1.5F but I dont know if thats what your referring to. So Donald ur saying that any ohm above 1 is ok? then what does 2 ohm stable mean and matter? thanks guys for all the help

Username: Stjohnboy0000

Post Number: 6
"2 ohm stable" means that your amplifier is rated to run with a 2 ohm impedance load, the less impedance meand less resistance, and more power. BUT too low a resistance load will burn your amp straight to hell, so wire your woofers for 2 ohms or above (higher ohm rating)

also... http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp that should help you figure out how to get your subs wired at 2 0hms

Bronze Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 30
Some amps are stable @ 2ohms each channel but not bridged. Most amps bridge @ 4ohms. Then some amps are bridged @ 2ohms. It should tell you on the amp or in manual. To be safe I would not go under 2 ohms.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1185
NateJ, that amp can do tri-way. It means you can connect 2 speakers to the left and right channels as well as a sub in the bridged mode. To do this, you have to attach a capacitor to each speaker, and a coil to the sub. It's in the amp's manual. If you don't have it, download it from Audiobahn's website.
The 1.5F capacitor is for the amp. The capacitor I'm talking about is for your speakers. It acts as a filter/crossover.

NateJ
Unregistered guest
but I only have 2 speakers isaac. I think ill jus hook them 4 ohm. Thanks guys for all the help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us