Problems with car alarm after changing battery on the remote

Username: Mustangirl

Post Number: 1
I am going to sound like a total idiot but i dont know what kind of alarm it is. I think it is a Viper, but not sure. I had a lifetime garantee but the dealer i bought it from has changed owners and they dont have my info. where can I look to see what alarm it is? And how do I get my remotes to work again?

Bronze Member
Username: Ps1k0

Post Number: 48
you'd have to go under the dash and find the alarm brain to find out what brand it is.
then take it from there
GL

Username: Mustangirl

Post Number: 2
i FOUND IT. ITS A BLACK BOX ABOUT 4"X 3" BUT IT HAS NOTHING WRITEN ON IT. NOTHING AT ALL JUST ALOT OF WIRES COMING OUT OF IT.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
err, no markings, i hate those.. Viper alarms have markings on it telling you what model it is. so, it's not viper. um, best bet is to take it back to the place you bought it from and have them look at it. maybe the installers will recognize it and can tell you what it is.

the other alternative is a new alarm. if you are comfortable/capable with working on your own car's electrical system, it will be easy for you to replace the alarm because you already have one. just goto www.bulldogsecurity.com and look up your car and get wiring colors. then trace the wires from the alarm brain to where they go in the car.

good luck

stacey
Unregistered guest
help !!!I have a code alarm that won't allow me to turn it off, therefore, can't start the car, I know absolutely nothing about how to disconnect it or reset it, help if you please, it does seem like I've had problems ever since I got a new <a href="car%20battery">car battery</a>, or could my remote be going crazy????thanks

DUH!
Unregistered guest
Your"battery"is obviously < defective >

andymiller76
Unregistered guest
help!!! i just changed my car battery and now i cannot disable my car alarm to start the car. it is a remote start with car alarm. if i put the key in the ignition it set off the alarm also if i open the door it sets off the alarm. as soon as if touched the negative cable to the post the alarm went off

drthvder
Unregistered guest
have a viper alarm just changed my battery and now alarm isn't working,can ya' anyone help a brutha out here??

Unregistered guest
changed battery and can't get the car to start.
what should i do?

Username: Baltimore63

ok everbody check this out 1st disconneck battery and then reconnecked it, as you reconneck, have a friend hold the #1 button on the remote this should reset the alarm to your remote. this works on a lot of alarms so give it a try.

msehgal
Unregistered guest
After changing the battery the alarm system is not working. The remote key system is working to lock and unlock the car, but alarm system is not working.

Unregistered guest
I have a 14-year-old Code Alarm, but the remote will not allow me into the car. If I open the door will the alarm go off? Is the problem the car battery or the alarm? I have tried both the remotes and changed the battery in one of them.

Unregistered guest
Hi can you help program the remote #25695954 to my 1991 corvette.

Unregistered guest
I've a 1996 Nissan Primera my remote locks & unlocks doors plus the other button on the remote is a panic button, Ive pressed the panic button to show my wife it works but now I can't get it to stop also can't lock or unlock the doors by remote. Can any one help- Please

Unregistered guest
help me please iv just bought a seat ibiza and i think its got a moss ms 725a alarm on i changed the battery and when i try to reconect the battery the alarm keeps going off cant get it to stop i havent got a control for it just a black box next to the stearing wheel with a green and red light on it is there any body out there that can help please!

Unregistered guest
PLEASE HELP - i have a viper alarm ..

my car wont start

i was waxing my car and bumped it alil hard and alarm went off - clicked the pendant and alarm stopped and now my car wont start my car is not responding to the pendant with my keys .. i dont know what to do where to look and the button is broken .. how do i resetthis .. please help me --

Unregistered guest
PLEASE HELP - i have a viper alarm ..

my car wont start

i was waxing my car and bumped it alil hard and alarm went off - clicked the pendant and alarm stopped and now my car wont start my car is not responding to the pendant with my keys .. i dont know what to do where to look and the button is broken .. how do i resetthis .. please help me --

Unregistered guest
I have a viper car alarm and for some reason the red light is staying on and my alarm won't set. HELP WHAT DO I DO??

Unregistered guest
Hi, Have a Clifford Concept 300 alarm fitted to BMW 316....recently changed battery in remore - the car wont start without the remote and has been working absolutely fine up to now - what could be wrong and how can i fix it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!! :@)

Unregistered guest
I have a toyota previa and my car alarm for some reason goes off at around 5am every day. I was wondering if there is an internal battery in the alarm itself. Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Anonymous

Hi I have a Marksman alarm system and i was hooking up my subs to the battery and when i hooked the battery back up the remote on my key change doesn't arm or unarm or even unlock or lock the doors. Did unhooking the battery scramble my alarm and the remote? How do I reset this?

Username: Westy42

OxfordUk

I HAVE A PEUGOT 306 TURBO DIESEL, IT IS FITTED WITH AN ALARM.
SINCE I BOUGHT THE CAR, I CHANGED THE BATTERY IN MY PLIP REMOTE FOR THE ALARM.
WHEN I SET IT AND PURPOSLY TRY AND MAKE THE ALARM GO OFF, THE LIGHTS FLASH AND IT IS IMMOBILISED BUT ABSOLUTELY NO ALARM!NO SIREN! I HAVE TRIED TAKING THE BATTERY OFF FOR A WHILE BUT WITH NO SUCCESS.WHAT IS THE POINT OF CALLING IT AN ALARM IF THERE IS KNOW ALARM! ANYONE WITH ANY HELPFUL SUGGESTIONS. MANY THANKS

Anonymous

How do you change the battery in the automatic car unlock/lock remote

Anonymous

Help- I have a viper alarm in a 1999 van, My car won't start, and the alarm has been running for over 2 days now. How do I disconnect the syestem forever.

Anonymous

Help- I have a viper alarm in a 1999 van, My car won't start, and the alarm has been running for over 2 days now. How do I disconnect the syestem forever.

Unregistered guest
i have a code alarm nighthawk
no remote to it, one switch and a button
vehicle will not crank over dont know how to disable this model i have to start vehicle one way or a nother what combination of things do i do.
i was told when i baught the vehicle if i ever had to take battery out i had to kick key over before connecting ground , well it aint helping .plz anyone i will even wright u a personal check and send it to u if u can tell me what to do its in a 89 s10 blazer
please email any help to samueltril@yahoo.com please dont leave any help on this post unless it is soon

Unregistered guest
Please Help! 1996 Chevy Camaro issues

I noticed some electrical issues with my car yesterday and I don't know if it all is my electrical or just my keyless entry remote or possibly my battery. When I got to work yesterday I took out the keys and opened the door and the radio didn't shut off. I tried opening and closing the door a couple more times and it still wouldn't shut off. It normally shuts off after I open the door. Then, last night I took my keys out of the ignition and my alarm started going off for 5 minutes. I tried to get in the car this morning and as soon as I hit the unlock button on the remote the alarm started going off again. Of course, like all cars, I can't start it. My neighbors are livid about it going off so early and so late....What can I do???

Username: Gribbins49

I have a 1997 Saturn Car inwhich my daughter lost remote for, I have an extra key but no extra remote, I am unable to disable the alarm system or start the car but I can use the key to get in the car, I want to know if there is a way to disable the alarms system manually or without the remote, I disconnected the battey several times but it still wont reset (must ahve a battery back-up) the car is stranded in a parking lot and I need to get it home, I'd rather drive it than tow it. At least till I obtain another remote.

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 790
there should be a valet button mounted somewhere under the dash.
unlock the door with the key, put the key in the ignition and turn it to ON, the alarm should be blaring by now, and you simply push the valet button, if you can find it, and the alarm will disable.

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 791
i had to do that on my car one day, but i couldn't find the valet button, b/c i thought i was on one side underneath the dash and it was on the other, so i was upside down in my seat trying to find it and i finally found it and as soon as i pushed it the alarm disabled:-)

montero help
Unregistered guest
WE have a 1999 montero sport it came with an alarm. We lost the remote for the alarm. Now the alarm won't stop going off. If we open the door it goes off. The truck won't start. How do we get the truck to start. Please help anyone!!!

Unregistered guest
My battery went dead so I replaced it and when I try to connect the new battery, the alarm goes off. The remote is broken. I called the 800 number that was on the remote and I was told by the tech to find a black box about the size of a pack and a half of cigaretts and just cut the wires. First I'm not to sure I will screw everything up. He did mentioned it should be by the steering column. Am I safe in doing that?

nispen
Unregistered guest
I have a 1995 Saturn sl with the manufacturing car alarm we do not have the remote anymore. My husband unhook the battery and rehook and now the alarm is going crazy. we can not find the valet button. Does anyone know where it is located

Unregistered guest
I have a KIA, and I lost my key, when i replaced it, the alarm system works with horns and lights even when i'm driving. Is there a way that i can shut the alarm system off?

Its Austin dude
Unregistered guest
HEY! iam looking into a 530i 8cyl 3.0 1994 and the car is dead and must jump it everytime and I would uninstall the alarm....say the hell with it. You sould also restart the car by unhooking the battery cables...the battery is under the back seat i think.Its what I believe. peace

ronnie w.
Unregistered guest
I have a 2000 saturn sc it has a after market remote car starter marked ultra with 4-buttons lock,unlock,pound and asterick it will try to start with pound button but just shuts off. When you try to start it with the key it turns over once than shuts it self off. I just brought the car! Thank You Ron

Phaedra
Unregistered guest
My boyfriend was driving my car, parked the car, turned the car back on and the car cut off. We changed the battery and now the car won't start. The headlights come on but nothing else. What could be wrong?

Rand
Unregistered guest
After changing the battery the alarm system is not working. The remote key system is working to lock and unlock the car, but alarm system is not working.

August Smith
Unregistered guest
I have a Viper car alarm w/auto door locks. The doors are locking when I start the car but won't unlock when I turn off the car. Good thing the passanger side is no longer functioning automatically or I would have had to crawl into the back seat to get out or through the window. What gives?

Unregistered guest
I know people have posted similar problems here but there seems to be no answer! I have a clio with a cobra alarm fitted 8 years ago. I have had to disconnect the battery and re-charge it. However, now when I try to re-connect the battery, the alarm immediately sounds and I cannot shut it off. Please - if any one knows anything I can try I would be really greatful as it looks as if i may have to pay to have the alarm disconnected.

Unregistered guest
I know people have posted similar problems here but there seems to be no answer! I have a clio with a cobra alarm fitted 8 years ago. I have had to disconnect the battery and re-charge it. However, now when I try to re-connect the battery, the alarm immediately sounds and I cannot shut it off. Please - if any one knows anything I can try I would be really greatful as it looks as if i may have to pay to have the alarm disconnected.

Lundells94
Unregistered guest
my motherinlaw has a 1997camaro and the security light wont go off when you turn the key on and this is not letting the car start it wont do anything its like the car is dead is there a quick fix for this please help she is driving me crazy does anybody out ther have a solution for this i will try anything thanks

Unregistered guest
Hi. Here's my deal. My roommate and I both have Viper alarm systems in our vehicles. Until recently, both systems worked fine, but recently neither system will activate when we're parked in front of our house. At first, I figured it was the batteries in the remotes, but I had the batteries replaced and its not the problem. Both of our alarm systems work without issue at ANY other location--Just not in from of our home. It is very strange. Could there be some sort of signal coming from somewhere that would cause this? I contacted the Viper dealer that installed our system, and he was bewildered by this. He suggested that we bring our vehicles to be looked at, but I'm not sure that this would do any good, as BOTH of our systems work fine anywhere but here!! If you know what might be causing this, I'd appreciate your feedback. Thank you!

Unregistered guest
The panic alarm is going off on my son's 1998 mustang every morning at 4:00 a.m. Someone suggested we needed a new car battery - it hasn't helped. HELP!

Anonymous

Please I need some help. I recentl purchased a 1998 Ford Explorer XLT. The alarm keeps going off, (meaning the lights flash) (Alarm has no horn). To press the button, it sets off a chain reaction. I would like to know how do I disconnect this alarm. (The remote is Broken/exposed wiring). Until I am able to fix it I would like to shut it down. (Crime stopper 2 button alarm/with banged up starter. The whole thing is complicated...HELP (In NY it's not good).

Thanks.

doodlebug1
Unregistered guest
AMAZING!! The alarm in our 1998 FORD EXPLORER keeps GOING OFF FOR NO REASON in our garage after I get home from work at 6 pm!!! I press the panic button to turn if off......and it comes back....either immediately or within the half hour! We have NO explanation why it keeps coming on, and NO explanation why it eventually stops coming on...or WHY it's only doing in the garage in the evening and NOT during the day.

Unregistered guest
i have a 1993 chevy calivelier and i bought it thinking that the alarm did not wrk .well my daughter was playing with the button and the alarm started going off .right after that i started having plms i went to go sratr the car and it would not even turn over.mind you when i bought the lady said when they changed her battery the alarm stopped wrk.well i tld her no plm i could care aless abt the alarm.well now i am having plms with it can someonepls helppppppppppp im lost

Silver Member

Post Number: 236
-lzahar
what kind of alarm and options (if any) do you have?

-doodlebug1
listen carefully, the truck is posessed by $atan and must be smashed into a tree immediatly!!!
what kind of alarm is it?

-lisajanine
plms? you bought a lady with a battery in her??
i can understand broken spoken english, but broken typing english is just too much.

i'm confused... but i think this should help..

locate valet switch (a small push button switch usually black and usually hidden under the driverside of the dash) turn on the key then press the button and that should disable the alarm again (putting it into valet mode).

Unregistered guest
I have a car with a Cobra 7928/26/HF cat 1 alarm fitted. Last week the alarm went off for no reason. Later on, the car would not start. We have replaced the battery, and the alarm went off when battery was re-connected. But now, there's no power at all when the key is turned. The alarm does not come on at all. Can anyone please help a damsel in distress?? I've had no wheels for 1 week now!!! Please Help!!!

lauramc
Unregistered guest
we bought a 1993 nissan maxima gxe for our daughter. when we bought the car the owner had lost the remote and told us she was having some problems with the alarm system. we were told to unlock the driver side of the car until all the locks pop up and then we should be able to open it. if that didn't work we were suppose to unlock the passenger side and then crawl into the car and unlock the driver side. this worked for about 4 months now the alarm will go off no matter how we open the car. Nissan dealers state there is no way of turning off the alarm (for good) because the security system is set up with the cars driving system there fore disabling the car. help.

Username: Magana408

SAN JOSE , CA USA

Post Number: 7
i installed an alarm in my 92 honda accord this was in l.a i live in northern california it was working perfect for about 2 months after that i started to have problems the alarm goes off every night like after 6 or 7 pm and it turns on the next day around 10 am i dont know why sometimes i drive the car when the alarm is off and then it turns on when im driving it. probably is not conected right i dont know i hope that somebody can help me thanks

Unregistered guest
Please help! My wife was given a 98 Pontiac Grand Prix from her mother who had an alarm system put in...we think it is a viper. Anyway her remote is not working and we had to disconnect the battery to work on the engine. Now the alarm system will not allow us to start the engine. The alarm horn was disconnected due to noise so how do we bypass the alarm system to get the car started. My wifes mother said the guy that installed the alarm put a toggle switch under the dash but we searched for hours and can't find such a switch. What can we do?

Unregistered guest
I have a dodge 1998 stratus and the immoblizer keeps playing up can any one tell me where it is located and how to fix it i think it could be a dry joint but first i need to find to find the unit

Unregistered guest
Please help!
My Cobra 7928 led starts blinking at about 1Hz while driving, and after stopping the car it won't start again. After a few hour's rest the car behaves normally again until the led start flashing again.

Unregistered guest
Hi
My Car battery was old and spitting out acid, so i got a new one. When i replaced it the alarm went off and i pressed the remote fob a few times which eventually shut it. 2 wks later, now, i decided to clean the battery platform, so disconnected the battery and re-connected after approx 15-20 mins, which caused the alarm to go off. i kept pressing the buttons on my remote fob but nothing seems to happen. disconnec batt again and re-connected but still going off, tried both buttons on alarm fob, with no luck. Finally had to take off a wire which connects to + side of battery, which finally shut the alarm. Next day, started car, Alarm went off. Ignition off, alarm shuts. car started, alarm goes off again.
Please can you advise on what and how to get my alarm to work again . Why is my alarm remote fob not switching/ activating it. Iv checked the fob battery and replaced it aswell. my remote central locking is also affected and not working. works with the key though.
please can you advise.
thanks

Unregistered guest
After I change "the battery of the viper remote door lock/unlock" when pressed any key on the remote the tiny light on the remote blinks but the car has no any response to the signal. What should I do?? Please Help
The remote RFN 476V 266 Codes

Username: Doph_boy

Essex

hi can anyone help me i have a clio 1999 rt
i used the keyfob to switch the alarm on but then i try'ed the keyfob and it stopped working iv changed the battieys,
and till nothing,
is there any way i can turn off disabil the alarm as the hazards are flashing too
many thanks

Username: Mryuri

Changed the battery, now the alarm keeps going off when I connect the new battery. Key remote doesn't turn alarm off. I know this is a common problem on this site, but I can't find an answer for the issue.

Would appreciate any advice. (so would my neighbors!!!)

Jas

Username: Johnathan

i need the door codes to turn my alarm off on my 91 nissan maxima my vin number is jn1 hj01somt042577

Username: Bmwpaula

I have a BMW 316i s reg and I have lost my remote to turn the alarm off, I have a spare key but cant turn the alarm off. Is there something i have to do to turn the alarm off

Username: Yvonne49

Montville, Oh USA

Help! Have a 98 Honda civic with a car alarm (not factory installed, no remote). Just changed the battery, but cannot connect because alarm goes off and I cannot get it to stop. Have a disable buttton, but it doesn't seem to work; or I am using it improperly. Previous owner did not even know alarm existed--thanks!

Username: Sheree7292

Moncks Corner, SC USA

Post Number: 2
Help!!! I have a chevy tahoe and my remote quit working. I already changed the battery and reprogrammed the remote. The remote will program but it will not do anything else.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us