I need help with audio interconnects????

Username: Darrenmc

Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Post Number: 6
I am at the point with my system where I cannot afford to make the next jump in my equipment without spending alot of $$$, so I'm looking at maximizing system performance. Thus I am looking at getting some decent audio interconnects. I've read several threads on this site and others and alot of articles on the internet on this topic. It seems opinions are widely varied. I'm not a seasoned audiophile like alot of people on these forums so I need some help. I've been to a couple of local dealers and they insist that good audio interconnects do make a difference. One dealer sells Audio Analysis Plus cables but they are very expensive and only come in pre-packaged lengths. The other dealer sells Audioquest and Tara Labs cables. He buys his cable in bulk so he can cut it any length. I was looking at the Audioquest Copperhead cable which sells at $5/foot or the Audioquest Diamondback cable which sells for $8/foot. The connectors are $20 for 2. So I can get 2 - 2 feet cables for $68.40CDN or $82.08CDN incl. taxes. Expensive to me but not crazy expensive. I also have used Ultralink cables which seem ok and are cheaper $45.59CDN incl. taxes for 1M, although I'm not too sure about the quality. The Audioquest cable is within my budget range but if it's not worth it I won't waste my $$$. Can anyone give me an opinion on these Audioquest cables or offer any other suggestions?

Bronze Member
Username: Robertinchico

Post Number: 66
It makes very little difference that people give their OPINIONS on speaker Cable (as opposed to wire on a spool). Correctly chosen cables and interconnects from any decent manufacturer do improve the sound; the results are instantly audible. The selection process might take a few different auditions with different brands, just as one might listen to a few CD players before deciding on a particular model. People familiar with audio cables know this; people that havent tried a few upgraded cables are always justifying thier obstructive position with one argument or another. If someone balks at the price of cables or can't afford cables they might want, then any self-respecting audiophile would adjust their financial practices one way or another sufficient to obtain upgraded system cables.
Audioquest makes very good to excellent cables/interconnects. They have steadily improved and widened their line for every application and price range. AQuest has had a steady flow of inventive outcomes and designs in making new cables. Try a few in your desired price range and I'll bet you find something that sounds great in YOUR system and your preferences.
I'm a Straight Wire brand fan, and have their products on ALL my components for sonic improvements. I don't use "spool wire" anywhere in my system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us