6 15's in a Caprice Wagon?

Bronze Member
Username: Boston_spl

Highland, CA United States

Post Number: 28
I want to try to run maybe 6 AudioQue HDC315's, ported, in a '96 Chevy Caprice Wagon, geared toward SQL. Would I have sufficient space to do this? I will also probably run 3 AudioQue 2200D's as well. I might need to upgrade the stock electrical system too...maybe. Lol. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7156
Wall.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 19281
Cut 6 15" holes in the roof of the wagon and invert the subs to fire into the cabin. Port out the window(s).

I dare ya.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
Lol. Yea, actually I never considered a wall. How much volume does each HDC315 require per enclosure for ported, max, for SPL?

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1852
"I will also probably run 3 AudioQue 2200D's as well. I might need to upgrade the stock electrical system too...maybe. "

No maybe about it, you will need to upgrade your stock electrical.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 2789
you can run 4.5cuft per sub pretty much, but 6 is a different story... not sure what size for strict spl though. i have mine at 4.3cuft and it sounds good

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
Yea, it's kind of obvious that I can't run 6000w+ of power w/o a serious electrical upgrade, hence the "LOL" after I said that.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Yea Eric, 4.5cu.ft. actually sounds good since I'm actually goin' for more of an SQL setup.

Silver Member
Username: Winterfreshpimp

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 664
I wish i was that rich$$$$$ lol.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
Me too. Lol. I'm not buying everything at once, though I wish I could. I'll probably build this system over several months.

Silver Member
Username: Winterfreshpimp

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 665
yeah all i have left to get is my h.o. alt. and batt. im excited. but your system just sounds like madness....

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1562
how about walling 4 18s instead

Silver Member
Username: Bumpndatrunk

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 268
6 15s man thats gonna be krazy but is it a bubble caprice or a box

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Post Number: 2345
No you wont have the space.

First thing first How the hell do you plan on fitting all that sh*t in there

Your gonna have to do alot of work

Only way you can even think of fitting 6 15s in your car is taking out the Rear seat and Im not talking about the 3rd row.

Second. a wall of 18s? not gonna happen them cars arent that big.

prolly a wall of 4 10s is possible

and its a 96 its a bubble Monster

Last but not least where did you find a 96 wagon? How much you pay?

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4779
first off u wouldnt b able to afford it lol. just the electrical would be more than im sure u wanna spend 6600 watts i dont c it happening

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
First off, you don't know me or my financial situation, or how willing I am to invest in a system.

Secondly, I have talked with an employee at my local car audio shop, who own's an Astro Van with 4 Treo CSX 18's (not walled off), and he's assured me that given the volume of the space behind the B-pillar, 6 15's is very possible. (I'll need roughly 27cu.ft. I have that much and then some.

Also, considering 6 HDC315's will only run me about $1500 and 3 AQ2200D's will run about $1170, I will have offset the cost of the necessary electrical upgrades, by buying from AudioQue who's equipment is relatively cheap. (As opposed to Fi, Treo, RE Audio, etc..)

Thus, the fact that you "don't c it happening" is ultimately irrelevant.

BTW, I never said I plan on building a wall, but rather that I hadn't ever considered it. And I'm sorry, but a WALL of 4 10's is just dumb.

I mostly just started this thread to get educated second opinions, not random posts from those who don't know what they're talking about.

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1113
20cuft . that is a min! you need more i would think. if u r going to get those. u really should get some more power. get 3 of the 3500s!
with all that sub it would be a shame to under power them. but that is just imo. even with that it will be CRAZY loud!

Silver Member
Username: Ducka

Houghton and/or Macomb, MI United States

Post Number: 854
Hey Chris I'm almost positive that Biggie Smalls owns a similar wagon with something massive in the back... So if he says you won't have the space... You might not. But yeah I think you're going to need a ton of room. 4.5cuft per sub plus port and sub displacement. Things could get messy. Best of luck to you though, and I hope it works out for you.

Silver Member

Post Number: 855
Ohh yeah dont forget you need somewhere to put all of the amps and batteries too.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2348
Yeah I have a 92 Caprice wagon with 2 18s

My orignal Intent was 4, but i didnt want to wait anymore.

Im running 12 cubes

the box is 47" wide and thats a little too wide.

its 22" tall total and 30" long

Caprices wagons behind the Rear seat have a Max useable space of 47x47x 23 and that PUSHING IT.

Unless you plan on sincking the box down where the Thrid Row is, (still not gonna give you much and Just complicate everything, then you will have No room for amps.

I can fit 20 Cubic Feet no problem, but it would be tough, the box that I have its too close IMO to the roof, and its about 17" away from the rear.

and If you did the box I had and tried to fit 6 15s it wouldnt work either

http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f92/RyanM923/RandomBoxDesigns/?action=view&cur rent=QuadMach5MZs18ft3at28hz.png

subs would be back to back and its a total of 45"

and with 24" from Rear Cargo area to roof, thats about the only setup you could Fit 4 10s walled with enigh room to spare,

With all that being said. You will have to Delete the 2nd rode Seat.

then you can do it.

Is that what you plan on doing?

heres my Wagon

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=211290&highlight=Shackin %27

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4786
lol well enjoy doing it if u have the money i was just saying ppl always come in here saying there going to do things like this then 2 months later its okay 2 15's. but if u want like they said ull need 27 cuft. plus ull also need room for the 3 amps and dont forget that you will also need to buy some front stage and some amps for those. so they dont get overpowered by the subs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
All good points, and yes I plan on removing the rear seats if needed. I'm also pretty sure that giving each 1000w rms sub, 1100w each isn't under powering them.

Worst case scenario, I do run out of room I can always go 4 15's, which would probably still be plenty loud, and maybe even allow me to keep my rear seats.

I dunno we'll see, I still have more planning to do.

BTW, Dr. Cool Kid nice wagon. I would've gotten a '92 but I hate how the pre '94 interiors look.

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM REVOLUTION Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 357
I might need to upgrade the stock electrical system too...maybe.

WOW that got me there

"IF" u got the money for all that u can do better then audio Q!!!!!!!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2350
I wasnt a fan of the 92 Dashes, (which is basicaaly the biggest dif. and Door panels sorta) Before I didndt even care for caprices till I saw this guys wagon layed out on 20s Looked soooo good

I want to get a Olds Custom Cruiser Dash and Instrument Cluster and some Bonnivile seats.

Go for it take the seats out the back and you can most likely fit the box

One thing you might need to do is Dynamat the hell out the rear, they need it bad.

I have Fender FLares on my wagon (the rear skirts are cut out like the 93+ Caprices,) and its not comolete, Welds Broke on the fender to Wheel well and It Flexes that Panel HARDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I put some dampening on it helped quite a bit but its still loud.

Broke the seam sealer on the flares too LOL

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
Quentin, what would you recommend over AudioQue? Keep in mind, I'd like to stay under $500 per sub (15's or 18's). Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 1830
he'll prolly recommend RD cause he rides their dic* hard.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2351
Mach 5 audio IXL 18s

Silver Member

Post Number: 865
Lol at snow for being an azzhole all day.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
Same here Smalls, about 4yrs. ago, parked outside a Tweeter store I saw a '95 Caprice Wagon, bagged on 22's (though I'm normally not a fan of the "big rim" craze) laying frame, shaved. I fell in love immediately.

The owner was one of the dept. managers & he was cool enough to open it up and show me the inside. It had six Xtant 12's in medium sized sealed enclosures, with plenty of room to spare (though I don't really care for Xtant).

Anyway, I've wanted one ever since. Plus, I'm 6'4" so small (import type) cars never really appealed to me, especially with that ridiculous high pitched "4 cylinder whine" at high RPM's. Not to mention I like torque. Lol.

Oh, and I will definitely Dynamat the hell out of the whole thing.

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 1833

Gold Member

Post Number: 2352
Well join

ISSF

www.impalassforum.com

We would love to see this build and B/D bodies in general

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
It kinda seems like RD Audio is in a bit of a different price range than AudioQue. Is the difference in quality that big as well?

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 2799
AQ is one of the top brands out right now... they sh!t quality for breakfast. sure there's better but you won't beat them dollar for dollar.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
Gotcha.

Stupid question here, but two AQ HDC315's will hit more dB's than one Treo SSX 15, assuming they're in similar enclosures correct? I already know the answer is yes, I guess I'm just double checking. Granted two 15's will take up more room than one, but then again luckily space isn't much of an issue right now.

If this question seems kind of random, I only ask because two AQ HDC315's will run me exactly the same as one SSX 15 (at least at the shop I went to, and they said that $500 for one SSX 15 was a steal. I don't know if this is true but,..)

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 1842
depends on the install man. cant just come up with a score just by looking at your equipment. I dont think that's a "steal" either.

Silver Member

Post Number: 885
I would say that most of the time it would be easier to make the 2 AQs louder than the 1 treo, but like snow said its all in the install.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2552
If you're going to go to all that trouble and spend all that money, talk to Peter Kulicki.
http://www.pwkdesigns.com/index.html

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Post Number: 1579
^x2 - definately get a good box designed and built if you cannot build yourself

Silver Member

Post Number: 887
Uhh the shipping on a box for 6 15"s would be insane... like shipping a Vdub bug.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us