Odd Sub and Component Problem

Bronze Member
Username: Christopherrm

Post Number: 47
My friend has a very similar setup to mine in his car and I offered to try and help troubleshoot his recent problem. It is kinda crazy cause when he turns the gain up on his 2 channel amp (which goes to the components) it causes the subwoofer to decrease in volume dramatically and vice versa. They are on separate RCA cables running from an Alpine CDA-9886. Running the amps individually they both run normally and the gains can be set normally. I also changed out his headunit with another one to check if it was something funky the head unit was doing but the problem is still there.

I guess my question is what could possibly cause the gain on one amp to reduce the volume of the other amp?

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2753
my brain hurts

Bronze Member
Username: Christopherrm

Post Number: 49
believe me...my brain is about to explode from trying to figure out how this is happening

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2754
seems as if the current graw of the 2 channel is somehow drawing enough current to dramitically curve the output of the sub amp, post voltage readings of sub amp(at power terminals) before and after changing gain on 2 channel. long shot but wtf?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us