Setting up PS2 so it works!

Brenda
Unregistered guest
I've just bought a PS2 for my daughter's 11th birthday but am having trouble making it work. Connected thru the TV all I get when I turn it on is a black screen with white flickering writing down the middle. I think it says enter but it isn't easy to make out. I've double checked all the connections. I think it may be something in my TV which is about 8 years old. It doesn't work at all connected thru the VCR. I'd really appreciate any help you can give me.

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 595
do you have audio inputs at the back of your tv?

Matt Whitesides
Unregistered guest
did u hook up the red with the red and white with white... ect and put the tv on video mode really if u did all the plugins and make sure the connections are in the slot good then its eather the ps2 or tv i dont think u are but if u are useing componet cables and u miss macth the green adn blue the same kinda thing happens or it did to me but the av jacks on some old tvs can get jacked up after a while

gamer
Unregistered guest
i pluged the whight one and the red one in to my vcr

CCOO
Unregistered guest
How come my PS2 wont even het power; (the little red light wont turn on) HELP?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

undercover brother
Unregistered guest
because its probibly broken

Username: Feicstur

Chicago, Illinois USA

Post Number: 2
CCOO,
Make sure the polarity on the plug in the back of th unit is accurate. This means that the round part and block part are on their respective sides of the port. if your plug is round on both parts try switching them. Second try plugging the device into another outlet. Check to see if it's over heating. If that doesn't fix it "its probibly broken"

POKEMON KID
Unregistered guest

_,,,,_ _ww_ /""""\
(o) (o) / o o \ ! o o !
/ () \ ( ! O ! ) ( ! () ! )
\ __ / \ _ / \ __ /

HEY :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O !!!
Unregistered guest
Wow... Cool pic

Gold Member

Post Number: 1274
yay!

Berny....one question ?
Unregistered guest
how many posts do u have to post to become a gold member ?

Username: Jay_dub

La United States

Post Number: 10
Why wont my ps2 play most of the purple cds?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1563
how old is your PS2. Some won't play the blue or purple(?) disks becuase they are thinner than regular disks and you may need to thicken the center hub of the disk for it to be caught by the spinner. Some people use tape on the hub with the center punched out.

aaaaaaa
Unregistered guest
you need to flick the swich on in the back

spazgammer
Unregistered guest
hey cc all u need to do is take off the case of the ps2 and on the bottom theres a silvercord that connects the top cover to the input on the bottom it just prolly came out so just put it back in it might take a bit tho.

soccer mom
Unregistered guest
RF modulator/satellite box/tv/PS2
set up

too many cables - just show me a manual picture and I promise I can do it

good times
Unregistered guest
i just bought my daughter a ps2 and it worked on her aunts tv with the input button but her tv doesn't have an input button but the satelite does but it still will not work what am I doing wrong HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

chickenlady34
Unregistered guest
i can get any thing i have no input and no output how do i make it work

Unregistered guest
at my dads house my ps2 works but at my gramas house it doesnt. in the back is 4 holes where the 3 plugs go in,i have 2taken up bythe vcr and 1 under video(yellow),1under auido(white or red ,doesnt matter)i can hear the sound but the screan is staticy.please help!

Unregistered guest
at my dads house my ps2 works but at my gramas house it doesnt. in the back is 4 holes where the 3 plugs go in,i have 2taken up bythe vcr and 1 under video(yellow),1under auido(white or red ,doesnt matter)i can hear the sound but the screan is staticy.please help!

Unregistered guest
How do you hook up the PS2 if you have cable tv and a VCR that is hooked up to the cable tv. No connections seems to work. Do I need an RF modulator?

Anonymous

How to setting back matrix for my PS2 so i can play copied games.Help!!!!!

Anonymous

How to setting back matrix for my ps2 so I can play copied games(pirated game).What is the solution!!!
Please HELP!!!!!!

Unregistered guest
I have just got a ps2, and there are two wires, one has a red top on it and one a white top, but there are no slots to put them in!!! help!

Unregistered guest
I have just got a ps2, and there are two wires, one has a red top on it and one a white top, but there are no slots to put them in!!! help!

Gold Member

Post Number: 6476
The red and white are your audio outputs. Youhave to connect it to the audioinputs of your TV. If you have no slots to put them in, you may want to look at an RF adapter so you can connect it to your TV.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us