PS2 says no data

Username: Jasonn71

Post Number: 1
Hello everyone, this is my first listing I hope someone can help, well here goes, I have a PS2 that will not read any disks, I thought it was just a new laser needed but I was wrong, I have put a new laser in and still will not read anything, I thought the laser was dead so I checked it in my mates ps2 and it works fine, so its not the laser, when I put it in and press the reset button it dose everything it should (move up, down, slides a bit and flashes) I have no clue what is the problem apart from when it flashes red it is very dim, in my mates PS2 it flashes bright red, dose anyone know what the problem could be??
Any help with this would be very grateful.

Bronze Member
Username: Austin19

Enola, Pennsylvania America

Post Number: 16
it dosen't sound very good...i'd try and phone sony they usually fix it for free other than that i don't know what to tell you.

Bronze Member
Username: Austin19

Enola, Pennsylvania America

Post Number: 17
ignore my last message i forgot to ask you if you have tryed turning the little gear thats behind the laser under the back of the disk tray...that gear controls how close and how far away the laser is to the disk so your laser may be to close or to far away. So try turnin that gear and then put your game in and see if it plays. It may take you a couple trys (it took me a while) but u could also get it on your first try. If that dosen't work then i'd call sony. Good luck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us