Component Cable - DVDs = HEAVY Distortion (Help Appreciated)

Username: Djsupes

Post Number: 5
*2nd time writing this, stupid PC -_-; lol*

I just got new GameShark Component Video/Audio cables from Futureshop (for PS2 and Xbox, they say "universal*, mainly to play DVDs with progressive scan (I have the v14 70051 slim PS2 ..which supports this *agh*).

Anyways, I tried progressive scan on POP: Two Thrones and it worked fine (which means cable is working..PROB. -_-;).

Anyways, I put a DVD in (3 different ones) and this pink screen distortion happens. The DVD plays, but the screen is flickering, going side to side up and down, going everywhrere and theirs (mainly pink) colors instead of the originals. The Video 4 (480i it says - although my TV supports up to 1080i, so its not the TV) keeps resetting, on..and off. *ONLY WHEN I PUT DVD IN*.

Basically, I can't play DVDs properly *their not viewable to any sane person - the distortion makes it unviewable*, and I didn't even turn progressive scan on yet (which shouldn't be a problem) but I don't know what's going on. The same DVDs I tried worked with my S-Video cables.

My PS2 settings are:
Optical: On
Component: Y/ *all those letters, NOT the RGB option*
Format: 16:9

I also reconnected the cables twice and still nothing.

Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated - I'd really like to watch DVDs on my PS2.

THANK YOU!! :-)

Kyle

Post Number: 7
Bump :\

Post Number: 8
??Anyone
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help